Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is It Illegal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it illegal to have sex in public?

or like just get down and dirty? ie. blowjobs/lickouts etc...

???:confused:

Comments

• Options
    yes
  • Options
    In most places it is illegal to have sex in public. Just don't get caught and you should be fine.
  • Options
    In most places it is illegal to have sex in public. Just don't get caught and you should be fine.

Well that's the thing with most laws really. :eek2:
  • Options
    As long as you aren't causing anyone any alarm you'll be fine. If you are out of sight then you shouldn't have any problems i.e in a deserted lay by in the middle of no where.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Mist wrote: »
    Well that's the thing with most laws really. :eek2:
    Yeah. Murder is fine, until you get caught. ;)
  • Options
    Sex in public is illegal, obviously. Of course, in our climate, it's not much of an issue.
  • Options
    Yeah it's illegal, but depending on where you are/what time of day or night it is the coppers might just let you off the hook and give you a warning.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Only if you get caught in the act.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Nah, it's still illegal, even if you don't get caught. It's just that you happen to get away with it.
  • Options
    ^^ Forgot to mention that in my last post.

This ain't Dubai, I think the pigs would be pretty lenient as long as you're not shaggin in some kids playpark in broad daylight.
  • Options
    Nah, it's still illegal, even if you don't get caught. It's just that you happen to get away with it.

No it's not.
    The Sexual Offences Act (2003) doesn't legislate specifically against this practice. Public order offences exist that guard against outraging taste and decency (i.e. shagging in the supermarket aisle), but permits sex in an isolated place so long as you have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Same with getting naked.
    If you don't get caught then you havn't broken the law.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    No it's not.

You'll find it is. Unless, of course, you're a subscriber to the theory that a falling tree makes no sound if no one is there to witness it.
  • Options
    You'll find it is.

You'll find it isn't. :p

Somebody needs to witness it i.e if you don't get caught you havn't broken the law.
    Sex in public places

The Sexual Offences Act (2003) doesn't legislate specifically against this practice. Public order offences exist that guard against outraging taste and decency (i.e. shagging in the supermarket aisle), but permits sex in an isolated place so long as you have a reasonable expectation of privacy.
    http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/law/yourrights/sexinpublic
    The Sexual Offences Act 2003, which mainly covers England and Wales but also covers Northern Ireland in some areas, does not specifically legislate against sex on the beach so long as the act is consensual, says a Ministry of Justice spokeswoman.

"Effectively sex on the beach in isolated places is allowed, so long as there is a reasonable expectation of privacy - which someone engaging in such an activity would be expected to prove."

But someone could be charged with outraging public decency under common law, she says, if it is proven that at least one person has seen the act.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7575294.stm
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Wow, I stand corrected. We're more liberal than I thought.

I'm off out, erm, to the shops.
  • Options
    If you're having sex in the middle of a shopping centre then yes you may have a few words said to you but if you're in the middle of the country side out of view then if the police pull up or see they will just turn a blind eye as you're not doing anything wrong, unless they are a bit mean and like to embarrass people which some do.