Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

EUGH help please :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm in a bit of a pickle. I bought a make-up brush from somebody on LiveJournal at the end of September, I paid $43 inc. shipping for it which, at the time, was cheaper than paying the £28 that it costs over here. After a month, when I hadn't received it, I messaged the girl saying so and she said she hadn't sent it by accident. I know it can take a long time for stuff to get to here from the US so I gave it another month before I contacted her again, by which time it was too late to file a paypal dispute. She offered to send me another brush (she just-so-happened to have two BNIP MAC brushes for under retail for sale...), but because she didn't answer when I asked her which address she sent it to (I asked her to send it to Rich's work but my Paypal address is home) and I wasn't going to be home til Sunday I said that I'd rather have a refund if it wasn't here.

So, it's not here, and she's refusing to give me a refund on it because she spent the money on bills etc, probably before she'd even sent it out. I don't want her to send me the other brush because the exchange rate now means it's the same price for me to buy it over here and I'd rather have that security. Paypal only lets you file for the first 45 days but there must be something I can do, right? I would ask about it on the community but she has pretty good feedback (97% positive, 3 neutral) and I have none, so it's kind of my word against hers.

BAHHHHH I'm really bad at this kind of thing. I know I'm in the right to ask for a refund from her because she has no proof of postage and I'm a bit suspicious but I don't know how I can make her do it >.<.