Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

falling in love, but i shouldnt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi i feel so stupid for putting this but i just wanna know if theres anyone else that has had the same experience really. Well i've been talking to this lad on the net for about a year and I think ive fallen in love with him. Well actually I dont think I know. I talk to him on the phone nearly everynite and see him on web cam and stuff and now im meeting him. I live in London and hes coming down from Leeds to meet me and my mum and dad have said that he can stay at our house. But neway im thinking even if we do really like each other when we meet he has to go back at some point and i dont know if i could handle a long distance thing, he says he hasnt been with some1 else cos he wants to be with me, but i dunno. I was asked out by 2 different lads i know this week but i turned them down for this lad on the net. Have I gone completly crazy?? I just wanna know what people think about it. All I know is that it wouldnt be the same without him. Its not like im clinging on to him cos i have no-one else, cos i get plenty of offers just i really really like who he is and how he is.
if you could get back to me it would help
thanks alot
k8x

Comments

• Options
    one good turn deserves another...
    It's so hard to know. Because, being totally frank, it does sound unlikely - but you're the one who feels it and if it' mutual then its worth putting up with some inconvenience for. But if there's no chance of seeing each other regularly - is it really feasible? And are you sure you really know him? (actually, that's probably a silly question - it really sounds like you do.)
    I'd just go in to your meeting with him with a totally open mind. great if it works out - but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't. Think about how much you're willing to disrupt your life to try and make it work - don't get too involved if you know it isn't gonig to work. But it sounds like its worth a try.
  • Options
    :) thankyou, yeah i know it all seems wierd, and mad and crazy! but ive had enough of being in empty relationships and because this has all been talk for about a year it just seems alot deeper. Yeah thanks for that, you know I might do that, if he books in advance its only £22 for him to get down here by train, i just really wanna give it a go.
    thankyou, good luck with ur dilemma!
    k8x
  • Options
    wow who wud belive i've been in the exact same situation...! i live in london too except this guy lived in america... my parents were totally kewl bout him commin down.... until... until.. something happened.. i'l reffer you to the incident on september the11th... you see he worked sorta for the army he worked near and army base and was in charge of the cars... due to sep 11th he had to leave for a long time and he thought it was best we broke up as he did'nt want me waitin and he did'nt want to break my heart coz he knew he cud'nt always be there for me bein so far away. He was right... i still love and miss him and write to him sometimes but i'm sorry to say it did'nt work out... but i'm happy you have found someone and i wish all the best for u guys...remeber the most important attribute is communication and if u can keep that your relationship will be successful...
    Goodluck!
  • Options
    thankyou

im sorry to hear about u and that lad i really am, sounds like u had something, thanks what you said makes alot of sense, it is all about communication, i txt, write and ring him and i see him on cam too, if that continues i suppose it will work out, you know you and this other lad, its a shame you gave it all up when u obviously cared alot about each other,
    thankyou for helping, it did help
    k8x
  • Options
    I'm glad i could have been some help... it is tragic that it all ended.. theres not a day that goes by wen i dont think y it ended and wat it wud b like if he was next to me... i just wish he wud answer my letters :( ... although at least i know he's ok as i talked to his dad who was usin his name assured me he's alrit and recived my letter... i told him to tell my luv.... Answer my blody letter lol hopefully he will.
    Best wishes
  • Options
    Re: thankyou
    Originally posted by dizzy blonde babe
    im sorry to hear about u and that lad i really am, sounds like u had something, thanks what you said makes alot of sense, it is all about communication, i txt, write and ring him and i see him on cam too, if that continues i suppose it will work out, you know you and this other lad, its a shame you gave it all up when u obviously cared alot about each other,
    thankyou for helping, it did help
    k8x

just so everyone knows, i didnt post this, was it katlilly?? i was dead confused when i saw it. how has it happened? any ideas?:confused:
  • Options
    I'd think it was... well thats wat i was thinkin