Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

misletoe and new year's Eve

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:chin: .....I wonder now that the christmas magic has gone what we are all up to over the new year?:)

Will it be party party party or will you settle for a quiet night in with your loved ones or friends? For me not quite sure yet how I will be celebrating but I do have a new job to start in the new year so I have something to look forward to.

As for new year's resolution....I will be giving up my social life in some way as for my new job means that I cannot get even merry. I will have to drive to work and see clients as I become a community care worker. What will any of you be giving up?

:) :wave: ;) ....happy new year everyone!

Comments

• Options
    I think I'm gonna go into hibernation on December 30th and wake up about March 12th, 2013. There's no other way to avoid the self-indulgent wankfest that is the New Year celebrations. A bunch of people going out and getting so pissed that they don't remember what they were doing for one particular second of the year. I'd rather be eaten alive by polar bears than waste my time on it.

I generally stopped doing New Year's resolutions about 1996. I've never really stuck to any since then, anyway. Next year's gonna be eventful enough without making yet more promises of things I want to do, but will inevitably forget to. I've got to finance moving to another part of the country, I'll have to find myself a new job in the middle of the biggest recession since the 1930s and I've got a shitload of other projects to get on with. 2009 ain't gonna be pretty to look at.
  • Options
    I shall be doing what I do every new year...going out, getting rather drunk on £1 drinks and see the new year surrounded by fab people. Should be a good 'un :thumb:
  • Options
    Going to be quite a big start for me. While after 7 weeks i will get chance to come home and get some more stuff to take with me to base, I'll be taking a suitcase of stuff and moving down south, making a fresh start really.
  • Options
    Last year I drank a bottle of whiskey and smoked a pack of unfiltered cigarettes to myself. This year I will either be the designated driver or I'll try to reconquer last years exploits.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    This year I will probably be in bed by 10pm. I have been too tired to stay up much later these days. Today is an exception because I have done *nothing* today and got up late :o

Damn being pregnant over Christmas and New Year :grump:
  • Options
    anyhow, back to topic, will defo be out and about somewhere interesting, been at it for the last few days so givin it a day or two for the batteries to recharge then back to work :D:D
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I'm working NYE, please bare us bar-staff in mind when you're going out. Yes we're payed to be there, but no, we do NOT enjoy being rushed off our feet and not being tipped.