Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

User Accounts Firefox/Thunderbird

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am sure it is possible and probably need to look more

is there any possible way so when mozilla loads there is a log in screen for different user accounts so we can both have our own log ons? purely so we can keep ourself log into the same sites eg emails/facebook without logging each other out?

same with thunderbird, I have it set up via IMAP and have 2/3 email address displayed so it asks for a master password when i turn it on for all the emails, is there anyway to have seperate log ons so when she logs on my addresses are not there?

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Try running "firefox -P" (also try with a non-capital p). Basically go to start>run>browse (or press Win+R in Vista), find firefox.exe, and append -P at the end of the line.
    This should show a window with profiles. There should be a checkbox about showing it every time you run FF, and from there you can make a second profile.

I'm not sure if you can run both profiles at the same time, however.
    Maybe it would be better to make a separate user account in the OS and switch between them?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    why don't one of you use FireFox and the other Flock which is based on Firefox?