Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lap Top Prob - help please!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Guys,

this problem is really baffling me and a few mates. :banghead:

My wifi lap top wont allow me on the Amazon site. Over Christmas this has been a nightmare because of the amount of presents I usually buy there.

Please please give me some good step by step advice

Cheers :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    Let me get this right, you have a laptop with wireless and it won't let you on amazon? Whats the error its giving you? Has someone else been on the laptop and possibly blocked the site to stop you from snooping?
  • Options
    Is it JUST Amazon that's not working? If so I'd suspect a temporary glitch with Amazon or routing. 'cos it's unlikely that your laptop would have a "no-Amazon" firewall.

But if it's other sites, it could be firewall issues.
  • Options
    I agree with the other guys, seems odd if it was just amazon.
  • Options
    Hey thanks for you replies guys. Yes its just the Amazon site and this has been happening for some time. My wife can get the site on her laptop - sat next to me!!!!:confused:
  • Options
    Only thing I can think of that would possibly bring up such a problem is a cached page when the site was unavailable?

When you say you can't 'get it', what do you mean?

For us to give a step by step, you need to give a bit more info please - error messages, have you tried searching through google and clicking on the link or the cached page?

Do you have any blocks on your computer - i.e. is it set up to prevent certain sites being accessed?
  • Options
    Try holding the "ctrl" key when clicking on the refresh button.

Or have you possibly tried using a different internet browser?
  • Options
    Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

is the error message i keep getting. Ive tried links etc etc always in fact, it just wont let me open their ste HELP please !! :banghead:
  • Options
    The site hasn't been blocked on your router, has it? Otherwise. it just doesn't make sense. :confused:
  • Options
    I had this with Amazon before, all I did was Clear the cache, tempory internet items history the hole shebang.. worked fine after that
  • Options
    Tried all above guys, but nothing has worked :grump:
  • Options
    Have you checked trusted sites / blacklist in the IE options? If still no joy, then you'll need to consider Firefox, Chrome or Opera. I know it's beside the point and it doesn't solve the actual problem, but I strongly believe that they're more powerful browsers than IE.