Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

any...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
beaders or jewellers in the house?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    My sister in law does and a friend of mine dabbles in it as well. I'm amazed at what beautiful things people can create! Very talented.

Here are the earrings my sister in law gave me the other day for christmas. She even bends the wire and all that jazz, wow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/PICT0068.jpg

Do you? Lets see some of your stuff :D
    ooh brilliant, they're lovely- my wirework isn't that advanced yet, but i do a little bit. I tend to do beadweaving more. i'll dig some of my photos out soon, I'm working on a present for my mum at the moment which I'm really proud of :D
    Only just seen this thread (also only just seen there is a creative forum, how cool!)... I do wire and beads beading :) Also a tiny bit of jewellery type stuff with monofilament/cable :)

Think I can find a picture of the headband I did for my wedding if you'd like to see it?
    Oh I would love to see that!
    yes definitely! I have a few photos especially of my mum's christmas pressie but i gotta get myself back to leeds and then i can put them up!!
    Bugger, haven't got my wedding pictures on this computer :(

I will dig it out tomorrow and take another picture of it :)
    Right, finally got round to taking a few pictures of some of my beady stuff. Sadly, my camera doesn't like doing close-ups of anything, so they're not great pictures...
    Oh those are beautiful! I really love the colors on the second necklace :D
    So how long does it take to make something like those? It seems like it would take ages.
    About 20-30 mins for the necklaces, they're really easy and quick :) The headband took about 2 hours in total.

At some point I'll see if I can work out my husband's fancy camera and take some decent pictures, those pictures don't do them justice! I've got some lovely rings I made, but can't get any decent pictures of them with my camera...

I love beading, it's a really accessible craft and good for impatient people like me, as it can be really quick :)

I'm very envious, there are loads of huge bead shops in the US, you lucky thing!
    You can come visit and we can go to some ;)

And I would love to see the rings!
    My sister in law does and a friend of mine dabbles in it as well. I'm amazed at what beautiful things people can create! Very talented.

Here are the earrings my sister in law gave me the other day for christmas. She even bends the wire and all that jazz, wow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/PICT0068.jpg

Do you? Lets see some of your stuff :D

Those earrings are really cute and pretty.
    Well i know i was supposed to do this ages ago, but here is the bracelet i made for my mum for christmas. it took me AGES. like about 14 hours solid beading.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    That's really pretty! :)
    Well i know i was supposed to do this ages ago, but here is the bracelet i made for my mum for christmas. it took me AGES. like about 14 hours solid beading.

that's gorgeous, the colours remind me of the sea
    Oh thats amazing!!
    Thank you! i've made other ones but i can't seem to find the photos at the moment. Over the next few months i'm going to build up my stock to do a craft fair, so i'll try to post some pictures as i go along!

Thats gorgeous!! :heart: