Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My Mom needs help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Growing up I always knew something was wrong with my mom and that she needed a lot of meds and plenty of sleep to get through the day. I learned young to keep things clean and to not wake her up:no:
Now that I am a mother, with my own children, I can see that my mother is heavily addicted to prescription drugs including narcotics, sleeping pills and muscle relaxants. I informed one doctor that she was addicted to these meds and that there was a good chance she would over-dose.:crying: He had not realized that she was taking all those meds from different doctors. He questioned her, and my mom left and picked a different doctor. She has become extremely paranoid and slightly groogy and mean. I am not sure how to handle her and it is wearing my dad out. If you have any suggestions please helpme. Meisha:banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hi

it.s illegal to have more than 1 dr. it might seem drastic and your mother definatly won.t thank you.if you report her to the nhs medical board it should be treated as medical not a criminal problem. she needs the help of a substance abuse team.there she.ll get the help needed.and shouldn.t be able to get another dr.sometimes you need to help those who can.t help themselves.sometimes you.ve got to be cruel to be kind.