Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Single mums in the workhouse - part 2

This story gets weirder by the minute. Following on from Zanu Labour's plans to force mums across the land into non-existent jobs, the Tories didn't know what to do. For the last week, they've been dithering endlessly about this. They want to make a pathetic attempt to look tough on "benefit fraud", but they also want to pose as the friend of families. Call Me Dave does not want hysterical twerps like Polly Toynbee masturbating furiously in The Grauniad about how the Tories allegedly hate single mums, after all. I've been waiting for CMD's reaction - in vain, I thought at one point - and finally, here it is. According to the Beeb, he's described these plans as "shameful". Oh yes. They also note that "Mr Cameron said it was wrong parents should be put in this position before their children go to school, adding he would pressure ministers to drop it. The Tories back Labour's wider plan to get people off benefits and into work. But Labour said Mr Cameron's latest comments showed he was 'happy' for people on benefits 'to do nothing'." Click here for more.

Ah yes, Nu Labour's phrase of the month. Last month, they were forever claiming that everything bad in the world seemed to start in America. I wondered who they were gonna blame for their own failures after the "last Tory government" line went dry. Now they're claiming that anyone who opposes what they're doing wants to "do nothing". The fact it's a complete lie has never stopped these bastards from saying it, of course.

The politics behind this is nothing short of astonishing. It's as if we've woken up in a parallel universe. The Work and Pensions Secretary James Purnell responded to CMD's criticism, saying "David Cameron bangs on about Britain being broken but he would do nothing to help people off benefits. We want everyone on benefits to do something in return for their money, including asking lone parents to take active steps to prepare for a return to work. He is happy for people to do nothing. He would make the same mistakes the Tories did in the past - doing nothing to require them to take up that help.".

What the hell?! We were told for years that Labour was the party which helped the poor, not the party which tries to hound people into jobs which don't exist. We've got Tories now vowing to get it taken out of this wretched bill, (which may not even pass if stories about Macavity holding a February election turn out to be true) and Labour vowing to harass some of the most vulnerable people in our society into jobs. This Purnell cunt needs to have a fucking steel-toed boot or two thrown at him.

How on earth can this madness be stopped?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    dachau-arbeit-macht-frei.jpg

;)
    Well on the one hand you have a so-called left wing government which is very Thatcherite, thank you.

And on the other you have the leader of H.M's. Opposition who doesn't quite know what his own policies are (on account of the government using the Tory handbook for inspiration nowadays and stealing his thunder), and who is more concerned with opposing for the sake of opposing and with image than to provide a credible alternative.

So I'd say the only way to stop the madness is for everyone to vote Lib Dem at the next election- or start a revolution and put the lot against the nearest wall ;)
    Im sure theres a few people forgetting things such as working tax credits and other things, which one of my friends (a mother) couldnt get by without.

You only ever hear of and remember the bad things that the government do, im not defending them, but if every government only did bad things (which the media portrays them too) then i dont think we would have got out of the dark ages.
    MrG wrote: »
    Im sure theres a few people forgetting things such as working tax credits and other things, which one of my friends (a mother) couldnt get by without.
    Tax credits are one of the most useless things this government has ever introduced, and there's certainly no shortage of competition in this category. Firstly, if you're under 25 years old, you can forget about this - you're not eligible to receive working tax credits. Next, they cost an absolute fortune to administer, they're so complicated that not even the staff dealing with claims understand the system fully, and the application forms are often so long and dreary that thousands of people don't bother trying to claim them. It would be a thousand times simpler to cut taxes and allow the poorest in society to keep more of their money. Anyone who earns less than £15k a year should be exempt from income tax altogether, in my view. It would be an easy system to understand, you wouldn't have to claim for anything and it would leave the poorest better off. Of course, it would also mean Macavity having to lay off thousands of New Labour voting civil servants and relinqushing state control. So he wouldn't dare do this.

This is a government which is forever boasting about its support for feminists. Unless I'm mistaken, the feminist movement believes that women should be allowed to choose what they want to do with their lives. You might have some women who decide they'd rather stay at home and look after their children - perhaps someone else is earning the money, perhaps they do a little part-time job to bring in some money for themselves, perhaps they choose to work full-time. That's their choice. By forcing women to go out to work when their child is one year old, the Government is taking away a woman's right to choose what she does with her own life. Why aren't feminists screaming from the rooftops about this blatant form of discrimination?

Or is there something the feiminsts are not telling us?
    Why have they decided to this just as there's a job shortage?:confused:
    The feminists are not one homogenous group you know.
    What, so there's a dissident group of feminists out there who believe that women shouldn't be allowed to choose what they do with their own lives?

Will the Real Bra Burners please stand up? :p