Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Did Anyone See Kelly Osborne Perform...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
"Papa Don't Preach?"

I thought she was pretty good.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Shes a fat little slapper who has no talent but has gotten a break because of her name...
    ]
  • Options
    Papa don't preach is one of my favourite Madonna songs...it even has the classic Vauxhall advert music at the beginning :D

Who is Kelly Osborne?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kentish

Who is Kelly Osborne?

The fat, ugly, talentless daughter of Ozzy Osbourne...His kids are becoming famous because of his new show.
  • Options
    Give her a break

She is fat, she did get a break because of her name, but she sounds good and put on a good performance.

I had doubts but I enjoyed the remake.
  • Options
    Ah, well I'm not much of an Ozzy Osbourne fanatic, so I doubt his daughter would appeal.

I did hear about the show though - what's that all about? It sounded like a cheap fly-on-the-wall show from what I read :confused:
  • Options
    The show isn’t that entertaining. It is just the family and the going ons within their mansion, edited with music.

Actually, it is crap. They show dogs pooping everywhere and people bickering as the main features.

Kelly is like the only sane Osborne. Her father looks stoned, her brother has serious social issues, the mother is a fruitcake—but oddly enough, they are remarkable like many American families. ;)
  • Options
    Re: Give her a break
    Originally posted by Lanni
    She is fat, she did get a break because of her name, but she sounds good and put on a good performance.

I had doubts but I enjoyed the remake.

It wasnt live and even I could be made to sound good with the MTV technicians at my disposal :)
  • Options
    True. They could probably make a bunch of screeching cats into the next N’Stink.

I don’t think many of the musicians MTV broadcast today really have vocal talent. A lot of it is synthesizers and such. Nevertheless it sounded good.

She is not a musician, nor claimed to be, yet had enough courage to get on stage and perform.

When I heard that she was going to do Madonna’s song I thought automatically it would be crap. Then it came out and Kelly’s voice suits the song. Then I thought, that is it, the are just going to play it on the radio and that is it, then she gets on stage, performs, and performs well.

You got to give her some props.

Her performance wasn’t live?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lanni

You got to give her some props.

Her performance wasn’t live?

Nope, no props from me :p

The song was almost certainly recorded beforehand and she lip-synched on stage. They wouldnt chance letting someone as unproven as her sing live on the night.