Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What's on your needles?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm knitting a bag without a pattern because I've been off work with the lurgy and needed something easy. It's in Debbie Bliss SoHo (16), I'm trying to do it in 2 skeins.

Also these gloves in Noro Cash Iroha, black.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh the gloves are cute. Is it pretty easy to make gloves? I am going to try some for my parents when I visit them for christmas but I am afraid.

I've got a pair of mittens and some blankets. I'll post links later. I really should get on them, christmas is soon!

I love the color of the Soho
    i'm knitting a scarf using black dk acrylic stuff and 15 mm needles...looks funky, but won't keep you warm
    Does it have to be on my knitting needles? I've nearly finished sewing my (much simplified) version of Talea, and am v excited! I've lined it with polar fleece, so it's going to be super, super warm. Just need buttons and I'm sorted :D
    Olive wrote: »
    Does it have to be on my knitting needles? I've nearly finished sewing my (much simplified) version of Talea, and am v excited! I've lined it with polar fleece, so it's going to be super, super warm. Just need buttons and I'm sorted :D
    Wow!
    You are so talented! hope you post a picture of yours :D
    I'm stuck on the buttons! I've got the world's biggest button stash, but only have 5 of any similar black buttons, and need 8! Then I went to Hobbycraft last night as I was passing, and their buttons were like 'OW MUCH? :grump:
    piccolo wrote: »

I really want to get my hands on some Cash Iroha. I :heart: Noro. Is it nice to work with? I made some armwarmers from Kureyon, and they're gorrrrgeous, but itchy as all hell :(
    I really want to get my hands on some Cash Iroha. I :heart: Noro. Is it nice to work with? I made some armwarmers from Kureyon, and they're gorrrrgeous, but itchy as all hell :(
    It's much softer than Kureyon, I really like it. I found it on sale at a yarn shop in Missenden, I didn't know about it before.

My partner swears by washing Kureyon a few times in Soak to get rid of the itch.
    Oh the gloves are cute. Is it pretty easy to make gloves? I am going to try some for my parents when I visit them for christmas but I am afraid.
    First attempt so no idea how easy they are! I've misplaced them and have to finish them by Boxing Day :nervous:
    I'm knitting a bag without a pattern because I've been off work with the lurgy and needed something easy. It's in Debbie Bliss SoHo (16), I'm trying to do it in 2 skeins.

Also these gloves in Noro Cash Iroha, black.

I just knit a bag with that yarn without a pattern. I've not uploaded the photos yet. I used 4 skeins and felted it. Hope yours goes well.

Currently I'm knitting a basketweave stitch scarf. Only another 8 inches to go :)
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    I just knit a bag with that yarn without a pattern. I've not uploaded the photos yet. I used 4 skeins and felted it. Hope yours goes well.

Currently I'm knitting a basketweave stitch scarf. Only another 8 inches to go :)
    I started that scarf and only got about 2 inches in. So bored! I don't do fine yarn.
    I started that scarf and only got about 2 inches in. So bored! I don't do fine yarn.

And silly me I choose even finer yarn and slightly smaller needles still (but with more stitches so it's the same size finished)... only about an inch or so to go now, need to get a wiggle on as it's for a Christmas present.
    I can't knit :( I just don't have the patience for these things.
    My flatmate is currently making some super cute slipper sock things.
    I'll share my sadnss. I was doing some mittens for my sister in law. Lots of people were doing this classic mitten pattern on ravelry so I thought that would be the best one to use, and then add this pattern. But it sucked :( I went down one needle size and the wrist is huge, even after taking out 3 stitches the thumb is absoutly gigantic width-wise and I tried it on and its like the thumb isn't in the right spot and really it just sucks all over the place. I'd feel guilty giving that to her for christmas!

:(
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/HPIM0441.jpg

And I cannot seam to save my life!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I *still* have Liesl on the needles. I haven't knit much recently. I shall try and get some more done these holidays.
    Just finished me coat! Pics aren't brilliant, cause it's all dark and stuff (although oooh Christmas tree!), and my dressform has teeny boobs and massive shoulders, so it doesn't fit her like it fits me, but you get the gist! Oh, and the check is a lot darker and more subtle in real life!

3126531814_04e1aa601e.jpg

3126531464_6dc9cb6eaf.jpg
    That is fab - you must be really proud of yourself! I want one! How long did it take you? I think I'd like it in red...:chin: Although the check is really nice.
    Very impressive, great job :D That looks just wondeful.
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    How long did it take you?

About 2 weeks, on and off. I waited ages for the fleece to come to line it, then it sat for another few days before I mustered the motivation to sew the buttonholes. It was actually pretty straightforward, but for the awkwardness of actually manoeuvring such a mass of fabric about - it's pretty heavy! I also snapped 2 needles trying to sew through the thickest layers.

If you do feel like a challenge, I'd suggest doing it in red, cause getting the checks to line up was a major pain in my arse. The front ones are off at the bottom, cause I matched them at the top and the seam was more curved on the outside front piece than the mid front piece. Tut!
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    That's fantastic!
    your coat looks fab bet you are proud of yourself. I can't stitch for toffees apart from my buttons. Although always willing to try it again as my efforts were at school.
    I can knit which was all self taught and have wool to make a blanket for either home or someone else. It is all squares with a leaf pattern in the middle. Did make one before but will maybe pick up needles over the xmas period as I have some spare time.
    Kaff you're so clever :(.

Make me one?
    If I didn't have a stupid shit job and very little time, I totally would. At the minute I STILL owe Amira some maternity tops. She'll have had the beeby before I get my finger out at this rate!
    I'm stuck on the buttons! I've got the world's biggest button stash, but only have 5 of any similar black buttons, and need 8! Then I went to Hobbycraft last night as I was passing, and their buttons were like 'OW MUCH? :grump:

Buttons are always surprisingly expensive aren't they?! :yes:
    Here is the sophisticated scarf which I finished last week (in time for Christmas).

Currently I'm making a cushion cover from Rowan Romance yarn and I got my first sock knitting things yesterday at John Lewis, just started making a swatch to check my tension etc for that though. Can't wait.
    Oooh the John Lewis sale was so packed when I went. I noticed they had a load of Biggy Print, which I love but I don't know what I'd do with it. Did you get the Romance there, too?
    Oooh the John Lewis sale was so packed when I went. I noticed they had a load of Biggy Print, which I love but I don't know what I'd do with it. Did you get the Romance there, too?

John Lewis was stupidly busy when I went in so I couldn't really tolerate all the people so I went to the less busy non-sale section, I might try again on a less busy day (like a weekday when most people are at work) although I'm trying to be more planned with yarn buying now.

The Rowan Romance was from the John Lewis sale last year and had been in my stash all that time but there was more in the sale this time too (although fewer colours of Romance this time). I made a scarf with some dark green Romance early last year but it is quite an itchy yarn, not really suitable for next to the skin but I get loads of compliments on that scarf when I wear it. I was intending to use the other colours for another scarf but I've opted for the cushion cover as I thought itchness would be less important.

The biggy print was tempting in the sale actually although I wasn't sure of quantities etc or what to do with it (more scarves?!).

There is a similar sale on at Liberty (Great Marlborough Street) which has lots of yummy yarn too and was a bit less chaotic than John Lewis.

Doing swatch for the socks :heart:
    Oooooh I'll have to go to Liberty then!
    That is a very nice scarf. The color is real pretty :)
    Horray, my first actually completed project. With the exception of a potholder and a scarf, but they don't count :p

It is a blankey for my grandma :D

With and without the flash
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/HPIM0456.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v147/aname/HPIM0454.jpg

Lol, I never noticed until I took the picture and now I cannot get my eyes off where I messed up :p