Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Governor of Illinois suspends BoA from doing business...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...and gets Spitzer'ed a day later, another example of that free democratic nation!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/09/us/09chicago.html?_r=2&hp

http://www.wkyx.com/local-news-details.asp?NewsID=9222

Classic.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Isn't it great that "change" has come to America ?
    change we can believe in no less. thanks obama you da man.
    He was not up for election this year so that "change" comment hardly fits, though I doubt the land of lincoln ever will. If only, last month he had a 13% approval rating. I didn't think it could actually get any lower. Probably can't though, perhaps the 13% are already in his pants. Illinois has a long sad history of corrupt politicians. He took over from Ryan who is currently in prison for many of the same charges. Since the 70's Illinois has had three governors imprisoned for fraud and bribes.

Seeing the money line everybodies pockets is clear as day to anybody even passing through. Taxes increase extreme amounts. Cook county (Chicago and many of the surrounding towns) have over 10% sales tax now. Yet you drive down any road with fear of pieces falling off your car due to the extremly huge potholes, small sections of road work that take months to finish (One piece across the road from my house that was 1/4 mile took 3 months.) The toll system on the highways was supposed to end many many years ago, but it keeps on going and gets raised, where is that money going... with his big ol useless name above every booth. Illinois is the lowest and one of the lowest states in many areas of education such as the discrepency between rich and poor schools becasue the state will not fund education, can't get much of a kickback from the poor educational system, no point in giving them more funding.

Watching the people get screwed and him with his extremly low paying $177k a year job (he says he makes pittance)

His stupidity never ceases to amaze though. He has known for quite some time that he is being investigated for several things yet he continues to talk freely about it all. They've even got him telling somebody on the phone that they are listening all over :rolleyes:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/09/us/politics/09text-illinois.html
    i don't doubt that he's 1 corrupt SOB, and the charges are probably genuine so fine with that and so are the people of illinois. it's just the timing that makes it interesting as everyone's known what a crook he is for a while, but only after he pisses off the wrong people he gets taken out the next day.
    The timing was priceless.

He would have done well to adhere to the old adage: do not bite the hand that feeds you.
    so fine with that and so are the people of illinois. QUOTE]

I do not understand that sentence... the people of illinois are corrupt as well? :

He has been pissing off the wrong people since he got into office. Witholding money from a children's hospital thats already allocated to it because they won't give him a portion? That is just disgusting. It is nothing new. It's probably written in the books you have to. Governers do it, don't get started on the norm of coruption and kickbacks in the city with the Daley's.

The real sad part is nobody is really shocked, almost as if it is expected. Not at the first story you posted nor at the second.
    so fine with that and so are the people of illinois. QUOTE]

I do not understand that sentence... the people of illinois are corrupt as well? :

He has been pissing off the wrong people since he got into office. Witholding money from a children's hospital thats already allocated to it because they won't give him a portion? That is just disgusting. It is nothing new. It's probably written in the books you have to. Governers do it, don't get started on the norm of coruption and kickbacks in the city with the Daley's.

The real sad part is nobody is really shocked, almost as if it is expected. Not at the first story you posted nor at the second.

exactly, noone's shocked that he's going down because he's as bent as they come, and i'm sure a lot of people still remember george ryan so no big surprises that there's corruption in politics. my point is corruption is rife throughout US and this is necessary so people can be removed as soon as they stop cooperating. it's just a microcosm of US foreign policy.