Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eastwood film?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was going to go and see the new Clint Eastwood film, but I've now heard bad things about it. Does anyone know if it really is rubbish - should I cancel my plans?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Changeling? It's supposed to be pretty good and as a huge B5 geek I'll watch it at some point (JMS wrote it)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I saw Changeling at the Millenium Dome a few days ago and I must say, Clint Eastwood has lived up to his reputation with this film.

It tells the story very, very well and due to Eastwood's superb direction it is so realistic you feel you are there. I was literally shaking most of the way through it.

It is also incredibly well written. Most of what you see in the film actually happened and what is said has been pieced together from actual court and police transcripts from the 1930 Wineville Chicken Coop case.

I don't want to give too much away but I really liked Malkovich's portrayal of Reverend Grieblib (sp?) and I loved the fact that a major Hollywood film has a Christian authority figure speaking out so powerfully against the corruption of the police force. I feel that Christians always seem to be portrayed in the media as boring, gossippy do-gooders.

Angelina Jolie was amazing as usual, you could truly believe she was going through what her character was going through.

This is a must-see film.