Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Considering taking on a "fuck buddy"..advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I hate that term..but can't think of a better way to describe it.

I've generally been a long term relationship girl, but I'm not really looking for one now. I broke up with my last boyfriend a few months ago. I was on a certain brand of pill and had no interest in sex.

I've since moved to a new country, changed my brand of pill and lost a stone. I met a guy from online dating a few days ago. We kissed a lot, and I felt so turned on. It was really hard to resist, but I am not someone who likes to sleep with someone when I've just met them.

We're meeting again soon and I don't know if I can resist.

I don't think we can really have a proper relationship, for various reasons. But we have amazing chemistry. I hardly ever meet anyone who I click with sexually and it's so exciting.

Does anyone have any advice for having a "fuck buddy"? Is there anything I should be careful of? (Obviously I'll be protecting myself) Is it a bad idea or can they fulfill a need and be fun? It's been a long time since I had fun but I don't want to get hurt/hurt someone.

Comments

• Options
    I think that you both need to agree on what is happening. i.e. that your both only after sex, if one meets somebody else and wants a relationship, then you're no longer fuck buddies.
    Having these kind of "rules" so to speak, will prevent either of you from getting hurt or there being any kind of misunderstanding.
    I personally dont think there's anything wrong with it so long as you're both clear on what is going on and nobody is getting emotionally involved.
    For example, would you be upset if he found a girlfriend and wanted to call it off with you? Do you think he would be upset if it was the other way around?

What about how often you meet? Would you want him calling you up at 3 in the morning? maybe set some time limits or certain days of the week to meet

Just be careful what you agree to so neither of you gets hurt.... but otherwise, go for it and have fun! xx
  • Options
    I did for a couple of months, it's kinda fizzled out but we're still on good terms - ended perfectly! :D Was just what I needed, a good seeing to and no consequences ;) I must admit, there was a few occasions where I found myself asking if I had feelings further then lust for this fellow but after a days they soon disappeared.

I found it's worked for me but I shan't be making a habit of it :)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Had a few 'fuck buddies' if you like. Never refered to any gilrs like that though. Seems like a stupid term for casual sex.

Once I fell for a bird I was casually getting my end away with though. And it fucked me up, broke my heart actually. It's a dangerous game.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Don't get attached, don't get attached, don't get attached!!
    Something I could never do.
  • Options
    sure it works, if you're sure that you won't end up falling madly in love, and as long as you both know exactly what the deal it.

be safe and go for it, imo :yes:
  • Options
    i personally think it is impossible to not get attached to someone you are having steamy hot sex with. You will just think about them constantly and want it more and more. Its a very dangerous game, extremely exciting yes, but so is poker and look what that can do to people.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey,
    Sounds like you've got your head screwed on, and some really good advice already, but just thought I'd drop by with a link to TheSite's fuck buddies article.

There's also a book about this - Brief Encounters - a woman's guide to casual sex, that you might find interesting. :)
  • Options
    I'm now married to mine, so it's fine getting attached as long as you're both on the same page :) I always think there must be something more there if you always end up going back to the same person...
  • Options
    I agree with Kate, if you both want the same thing and something more comes from it great!!
    JUst be careful in case you do get attached and he doesnt feel the same
    Good luck!
    (I'm jealous :yum:)
  • Options
    Yup, if you think you can do it, do it.

I can't. I thought that I could, I went along with and ended up hating myself. I'm not a casual person.
    So make sure you don't get yourself hurt!
  • Options
    bad shit baby. WTF are you thinkihg? Or am I eing stupid? Hang on a fuck buddy might be good for those nights when I need a cunt full.

Ok you go girl...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    when I need a cunt full.

Such a nice way of putting it ;)
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Such a nice way of putting it ;)

Definitely :eek2:
  • Options
    Not my thing, I have to admit. I tend to get emotionally attached to any woman I sleep with. That said, if you can manage not to do that, you're laughing.
    Hang on a fuck buddy might be good for those nights when I need a cunt full. Ok you go girl...
    Words fail me.
  • Options
    Well my FB returned...feeling most smug after a good night. I must admit though, it does help to know where you stand, cos as the other say, when feelings stronger then lust emerge it can get a bit heartbreaking.
  • Options
    I hate that term..but can't think of a better way to describe it.

I've generally been a long term relationship girl, but I'm not really looking for one now. I broke up with my last boyfriend a few months ago. I was on a certain brand of pill and had no interest in sex.

I've since moved to a new country, changed my brand of pill and lost a stone. I met a guy from online dating a few days ago. We kissed a lot, and I felt so turned on. It was really hard to resist, but I am not someone who likes to sleep with someone when I've just met them.

We're meeting again soon and I don't know if I can resist.

I don't think we can really have a proper relationship, for various reasons. But we have amazing chemistry. I hardly ever meet anyone who I click with sexually and it's so exciting.

Does anyone have any advice for having a "fuck buddy"? Is there anything I should be careful of? (Obviously I'll be protecting myself) Is it a bad idea or can they fulfill a need and be fun? It's been a long time since I had fun but I don't want to get hurt/hurt someone.

A Fuck Buddy Is Good But... A Met This Lad We Decided To Have No Strings Sex Coz Both Of Us didnt Want A Relationship!! And 2 Yr Later Am Still With Him, He Lives With Me && Were Very Happy.
    So Make Sure It's What You's Both Want And Try Not To Get Attached Lol
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Don't get attached, don't get attached, don't get attached!!
    Something I could never do.

Easy Enough To Say Tho!!
  • Options
    Fcuk bud

Hi i do have fb +it all good even tho i shoudnt i just love sex to much im a 5x a wk kinda girl dnt get attached+HAVE FUN X
  • Options
    A fuck buddy arrangement can be really good, as long as you can cope with the attachment thing. I've been with mine for over seven years now and it's perfect, we still have the most amazing sex after all this time, and that's absolutely all it is, completely separate lives apart from fucking each others brains out on a very regular basis! I'd never thought about it really before it happened, she's an older woman from work, and basically it started when we were out getting pissed on a works do. We were both honest enough to agree the ground rules from the off and it's worked well ever since! Drop me a pm if you want all the gory details!!!
  • Options
    you will fall in love with him and you will die a little inside everytime you can't be with him. At least this impression I get while I read your post about him. Better make it a proper relationship.