Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Light up my life...for 10 years

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Now I ask you...I live in a flat and included in the rent is gas. My landlord pays the gas bill but this amazed me yesterday to have the postman knock and give me a box. I was not expecting a box but I got one.
It was from British Gas....they must have more money than sense and sent me 4 free 10 year light bulbs. I must admit it seems rather odd...are light bulbs made from Gas...;) :lol:

Anyone else had a freebie from British Gas? Now if they were to reduce the rates they charge that would be a much better idea!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Becks,

I had the 4 bulbs as well. It was in one of the letters from BG back in September stating that they are sending 4 bulbs to each BG household. Having already read the letter, it came as no surprise to me. Of course, you won't have seen the letter as it will be in your landlord's name, so that was why it came as a surprise to you :-)
    We've got loads of 'em. Morrisons' had a deal on a while ago on 12w ones, 5 for £1 ! YES just a quid for 5 low energy bulbs so we bought 20 :)
    I got 20 for 1p at tesco