Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

suicide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if someone thinks they are a danger to themselves, what should they do? who should they tell?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Someone they can trust (friend, family), Samaritans, a doctor, people on thesite. All good people to tell
    No matter how hard it is to do, I really recommend telling one of your closest friends who you can really trust, but if you think that you couldn't trust them to keep it a secret then don't tell them, just contact samaritans, lifeline and even The Site.org. we're all here to help so don't fret to call upon us.

And Always remember that no matter how down you feel, and no matter how much you hate something theres always someone there to put a smile on your face so if you can crack that smile you can make that a permanent smile.

P.S If you are really worried and want someone to talk to personally, I know I am not an expert but I can help you smile again :D
    i suffer from depression - i think it's really important to tell your GP and get referred to a psychiatrist. there are many different approaches to treating depression, many different anti-depressants, as well as CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which i find very helpful.

definitely see a health professional before you do something dangerous

thinks will be okay :)
    If you are really in crisis don't forget that you can always walk into A&E for a mental health assessment at anytime, they can assess the risk and look after you appropriately. If I was really worried about a friend (like really really worried) I would get them to A&E, if they refuse you can always call the police who can take them there against their will. It might not seem nice or helpful but it's better than them being dead.
    wrong post copied
    Are we reffering to yourself as being suicidal? If it is you anyone here can talk to you or you can contact someone you trust to confide in
    you Gp can help too.
    i think if your thinking of suicide i think you should phone a helpline, talking to a friend might help but if i was in that situation i would phone a well known helpline. talk it through.
    just been looking at the site information .....there are stories there that you could read and they also mention saneline and some other contacts that you could use. It is in the health and wellbeing section.

Samaritans are open 24hrs for to talk to them please do.
    samaritans dont give advice though, they just listen - i found them completely useless.
    just my opinion.
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    No matter how hard it is to do, I really recommend telling one of your closest friends who you can really trust, but if you think that you couldn't trust them to keep it a secret then don't tell them,

:no: Whilst I would hate anyone to tell other people things like this about, if the person really is a danger to themselves, then someone should be told.
    Melian wrote: »
    :no: Whilst I would hate anyone to tell other people things like this about, if the person really is a danger to themselves, then someone should be told.

Sometimes it's better to talk to someone you don't know. But then, I guess your friends owe it to you that you let them know. I know someone who attempted suicide who had his friends ignore him afterwards because a. he had spoken to people he trusted who did nothing about it and b. there were people he didn't tell who go really upset because they would have done something about it.
    I guess it's difficult.
    Important to tell some one else though, either way.