Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Birthday ideas...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so ok, third date went well (thanks to you guys) and now it's his 26th birthday on Wednesday. I am usually great at gifts but I have no idea what to get him.

I've known the guy for... less than three weeks... but I really like him (and I'm pretty sure he really likes me too). What can I get him that shows I "get him" but without being too serious.

Answers on the back of a postcard. :)

Comments

• Options
    Do you know what he likes in the way of music? Perhaps a cd?
  • Options
    No CDs, No Films, unless he has specifically made reference to one that he wants.

Try to think about conversations that you've had together and the kind of stuff he's into. Maybe try and get him something that he needs that you know he could use and a fun present on the side?
    A present with a little thought it worth a lot, especially this early in a relationship!
  • Options
    Does he like reading for instance? How about getting him a first edition book of the one that he enjoyed as a kid?

Bah! It's so hard not knowing anything about him. :impissed:
  • Options
    aftershave?
  • Options
    best present I got was a birthday cake that a girlfriend made me.

another great present was a pair of AC Milan shorts. You couldn't get them in this country at the time (about 7 years ago) so I've no idea how she got them... still that's a personal thing. The cake idea is nice though.
  • Options
    CorsaBaby wrote: »
    aftershave?

Not REALLY that imaginative, huh? :)
  • Options
    red_jelly wrote: »
    best present I got was a birthday cake that a girlfriend made me.

another great present was a pair of AC Milan shorts. You couldn't get them in this country at the time (about 7 years ago) so I've no idea how she got them... still that's a personal thing. The cake idea is nice though.

I like the cake idea, it shows you've put some thought into! Plus as you've not know him too long it coud be difficult getting him a cd, dvd or book without knowing if he was it or would like it.