Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sex addictions...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
For once this post isn't about me! :P

even though i've got the sex drive of a 16 year old boy right now, i'm pretty sure i don't have an addiction, well, bordering on it...but anyway...

a good male friend of mine really does. And i could be just speculating here, but from what i hear about it, it seems to be having quite a bit impact on his normal day to day life. He admits he had a problem, but doesn't want to do anything about it right now. I've just said that what ever his decided i'll be there to support him.

But how could i do that...

it would be good to hear from some reformed sex addicts as well!

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    "Twisted Trinity is sex addict shocker" - the story which surprised no one. :p

Anyway, there is not much you can do at this stage. The line "he admits he had a problem, but doesn't want to do anything about it right now" gives it away. Until he does want to deal with it, he's pretty much stuck. As for how you can help him, I suppose being there to talk to him is a good start.
  • Options
    i'm just getting a little worried about him now,

he seems unable to have convosations with women that he doesn't know without getting completely lost in a day dream, and he told me often he's been paying for sex, and he said he's thought about selling himself as a means to placating the addiction.

like you said, i can't do anything until he asks for help, but he did say that his addiction is really bad...
  • Options
    hey at least he's addicted to sex and not drugs. tbh he needs to have alot of sex to wear out his addiction.