Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Calling curvaceous ladies everywhere!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need a dress for a smart attire 21st birthday and I'd quite like to wear a dress :D

But, I'm pretty much lumpy everywhere (big arms, a belly, big hips and huge legs) so it's hard to find a dress flattering, but I'll try.

I like this one as I can wear a wrap on my arms and it shows off my best assets (boobs!). What do we think?

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/35213572&bklist=icat,5,shop,women,dresses,eveningdresses

Comments

• Options
    I love that! I may need to buy one too...shame I have no money :p.

Check out the Dotty P's website and look at the Gok Wan section for tips on shape etc. Obviously you don't have to buy from there but it will give you an idea for what to look for :).
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    My advice would be to try it on.

It is a gorgeous dress, but the satin-y type of material is extremely static and could just sit on every single lumpy bit of you that it can find, even if you want to hide these bumps.

I speak as a curvacious lady too :)
  • Options
    i think most monsoon dresses have a silky lining, so clinging shouldnt be an issue...and i loooooooooooove that dress :)
  • Options
    If it's any help, and speaking as a guy who appreciates the curavious woman, if you walk confidently and hold yourself up as if you don't care how you look and have a "I'm going to be ME" sort of gait then you will automatically look 50% sexier.

Easier said than done I know but I think most guys that's assuming you are dressing for guys!) are slightly put off when women comes across as a little self conscious.

Anyway Miss Curvy Lass, I'm sure you're nowhere near as big as you make out and that you'll look great :)