Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Those of you with siblings

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How much do you look like your siblings?

I have 1 sister and 2 brothers. I look nothing like my sister...we look more like friends then rellies. Older bro and I have similar eyes and cos of the dark hair, the youngest and I look possibly related but apart from that, if you put us with a bunch of randoms, I'd reckon you'd struggle to put siblings together!!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    iv got one sister and we look barely alike...shes got my dads colouring, brunette, taller than me, olive skinned whereas im blonde pale and freckly like my mum hehe. everyone would agree we dont look like sisters but when i went on holiday to america last year, a woman in universal studios asked if we were twins (?!?!) and a different lady in a clothes shop asked if we were sisters too. those crazy americans. ha. so we must have similiar face shape or something...
    my sis is 2 years younger, doesnt really look like me. but my bro is 15 yrs younger than me and apparantally looks very much like I did when I was his age.

I just hope he doesnt feel as insecure about his looks as I did going through school! :lol:
    I look quite like my brother. People say my sister and I look alike but neither of us agree. I look like my mom and she's more of my dad.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I don't think anyone thinks my older brother and I look any similar, or at least I never rememer anyone saying that. But apparently my little brother (2 years old) looks like our dad, and sometimes people say I look a bit like my dad too. But I've seen him use the same expressions I did when I was his age. And several people have said my little sister (also 2) looks like me, but apparently she also looks like her mum.
    I've got 2 brothers, one 2 years younger, one 6 years younger.

The little one and I are most definitely related and anyone can see it, we've got exactly the same blonde/fair colourings with curls or at least a slight wave to our hair.

The older younger one and I look nothing alike, to the extent that people who see us together often guess at a couple rather than siblings. Apparently we bicker and chat like either siblings or people who have been together a while.He was ginger when he was younger and now more brown with a reddish hint and freckly vs my fair blonde.
    I don't really look that much like my sister. I've got two and you can tell we are all related but they both have dark hair and tanned whereas I'm blonde and pale! I look alot like my mum and my middle sister too but my other sister looks like her dad.
    I have two sisters. My older sis and I don't really look alike. I hear from time to time that my younger sister resembles me, but it might just be the same hair colour.
    I've got one older brother. We're a similar height and have similar colouring and hair colour, but people are always thrown by the weight thing (I'm scrawny and he's tubby). And the shape of our faces isn't that similar.
    i have two sisters (one older and one younger) and i dont think i look anything like them. People always know we're sisters, but always comment that i look the least like them. I look like my mum, my older sister looks like my dad and my younger sister a is mix of both parents.
    I have 4 sisters. 2 older (29 and 27), 1 younger (nearly 7) and my twin. I look like none of them, really. When I first moved to Essex people almost refused to believe me and my twin were even sisters, let alone twins. I probably look most like my 27y/o sister, as we both look more like our mum and the others look more like our dad (my little sister is actually my half-sister so is least likely to look like any of us, but she has a lot of my dad in her).
    I have one older brother and you can tell we're related, people are always commenting how much we ook like each other/our mum. Hes a mirror image of mum but I'm more a mixture of both my parents.
    Apparently me and my sister look VERY similiar. And I can see it. In our nose, eyes. Our hair is different but thats because shes a hairdresser and Im a slob.

We also talk very much the same like on the phone my mum has to ask if it's me or my sister because she can't tell the difference.
    Im 23, my brother has just turned 19.

People would never think we are brothers.
    I don't look anything like my brother or sister.
    I get my looks from my dad, my brother gets them from my mum.
    Then I have two step sisters from a different father. One takes 1/2 mum 1/2 dad whereas my other sister is 100% from my mum.
    So it's awkward because they all look like they belong in the same family and I look different! Not hugely, but quite a lot.
    I have 3 sisters - and while personally I dont think any of us look alike, all of my friends have their different opinions on who looks the most alike - it varies wildly!
    None of us look like my mum though, thhats for sure (well, we all got her lack of height but thats about it!)
    I look the most like my dad. when we're out together andd we run into people he knows, theyre always commenting on how similar we are (same colouring basically!)
    dont look like either my mum or dad and defo not my sister.
    I think your youngest sister looks a lot more like you than she used to :yes:
    Some people say I'm the spitting image of my older brother, others can't see any resemblence. Quite strange.

Don't look like my sister or my half-brother.
    i look nothing like my younger sister, she loks likee my mum, i look like my dad

and im the spit of my other sis because we're twins! :D except she has short bright pink hair and i have dirty blonde dreadlocks... yet people still get us confused... :eek2:
    *Ri* wrote: »
    i look nothing like my younger sister, she loks likee my mum, i look like my dad

and im the spit of my other sis because we're twins! :D except she has short bright pink hair and i have dirty blonde dreadlocks... yet people still get us confused... :eek2:

That is just weird.
    ...by dirty blonde dreadlocks, i dont mean my dreads are dirty, infact they're very clean, smell like turkish delight :D i just mean the colour - dirty blonde...
    I have a younger brother and his mates mistake me for his girlfriend (much to his disgust) because we're so different. I look like my mum in the face but have my dads colouring (pale, red hair) and my brother just doesn't look like either of my parents anymore but has my mums colouring (slightly olive skin, dark brown hair). So we have completely different faces and colouring, i don't think there's anything about us that's similar at all. We even have different teeth, he has small stubby teeth and i have 'normal' sized teeth.
    *Ri* wrote: »
    ...by dirty blonde dreadlocks, i dont mean my dreads are dirty, infact they're very clean, smell like turkish delight :D i just mean the colour - dirty blonde...

I knew that :p
    Both have the family nose! But that's it.

He looks more like my mum and I look more like my dad.
    It appears to be more common then I first realized..it's just odd that people think we are friends rather then relatives!
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Both have the family nose! But that's it.

He looks more like my mum and I look more like my dad.
    I thought your brother was adopted, isn't he?
    I thought your brother was adopted, isn't he?

noooo, did I say it to you? It might have been meant as a joke, sorry!