Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Building Bridges

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok need little bit of advice regarding a girl, will give just bit of background info to start with.

Went to school with this girl and lost contact after we all left. It's been years since I'd heard from her then this year, in March, we got in contact with each other via evilbook. {aka facebook} I had at that point just come out of a long term relationship as well but wanted to get to know her etc.

We chatted and got on well met up for drinks had sex quite lot blar blar blar. Things were good for little while but few 'problems' reared their ugly head. My ex being one of them, I wasn't over her fully and my head was pretty messed up. Things with this girl were good and we had loads in common and had a laugh together but little things chipped away at me, I guess it got too much and I let things end without a fight....:grump: Yeah it seems like she was a rebound girl but I did like her!

I removed her from my evilbook because I found myself almost snooping on her and soon after ended up getting back with my ex, two big mistakes i know. Contact with this girl ended in July, it didn't end badly, however, she did get the arse because I had removed her from facebook. She found out because I didn't wish her a happy bday on it and was annoyed at that. (Things with my ex didn't work out didn't see that coming eh! I haven't spoken with my ex in over 6 weeks.)

So 4 months or so on from not talking with school girl and I'm still thinking of her. I would like to be friends with her but don't know how I would go about it. I've still got her txt and e-mail but any contact I make will look like I'm trying to just use her for quick fuck right? I guess I need to know how I go about building bridges with this girl or if you guys reckon I should leave her alone? :confused:
I mean what would you think if someone contacts you out of the blue after 4 months? *I did drunkenly forward on to her a joke txt but never heard back...was lame way of trying to break the ice*

I had thought about sending a 'sorry' txt on new years eve...you know trying to make a fresh start in new year and see if me and her can be mates.

Any thoughts/advice would be nice! :p

Comments

• Options
    First thing you should ask yourself is are you really over the one that you have not been in touch with for 6 weeks?
    If you are then you can move on but I think until then you should wait until you know for sure.
  • Options
    becks27 wrote: »
    First thing you should ask yourself is are you really over the one that you have not been in touch with for 6 weeks?
    If you are then you can move on but I think until then you should wait until you know for sure.

I know the answer to that already but it's not about me wanting to move on. I know I'm not ready to date yet, it's more to do with me wanting to make amends with this girl. I guess I've left it too long so I'll just leave things alone.

We live near each other but have never seen each other out and about, so it's not like I can just go up to her in pub/club and buy her drink and take it from there.
  • Options
    Tell her everything you've said here, and make sure she understands you want to value her as a friend. If she still respects you, it should make amends.