Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Not sure what Ive taken

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, Ive never posted on here before but I was just curious if anyone had any advice or information about a recent experience of mine-

I am not a regular drug user but I enjoy going to dance music events and house parties with friends and acquitences. Some of these guys take the occasional spliff and pill but nothing to crazy. Last Saturday we went to this party and I wanted to try something a bit more to keep me going. Basically this guy I vaguely known 'Dave' gave me this powder which he told me to rub into my gums. It was sort of yellowy orange and tasted horrible, sort of like a very bitter sand. The next thing I knew I felt like I was falling forward really, really fast. All the lights had turned into long strips like musical notes and all I could do was laugh but I was laughing so hard I thought I could never stop and my head might fall up. I remember hearing another friend of mine ask if I was alright and apparently he was trying to pick me up again and put me in the chair. Apparently I was gnashing my teeth and looking at my skull.

All I can remember for the rest of the party was floating around like a ghost in the top corner of the rooms watching what everyone was doing and thinking how beautiful they all were. This bit was quite nice and it lasted about 15 hours. I couldnt sleep for 3 days and I felt so bad I had to miss work.

Basically, I havent seen Dave since and I have no idea what this drug was and Ive not been able to find anything about it. I think Id quite like to try it again!!!! Any advice?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The effects sound a bit like Ketamine... apart from the fact it lasted so long.
    Can you give a bit more detail about the physical effects, were you numb? Did it feel like your heart was racing? How was your hearing? The more information the better.
    sounds strange alrite!
    g_angel wrote: »
    The effects sound a bit like Ketamine... apart from the fact it lasted so long.

Nah, you wouldn't gum ket and you don't really grind teeth or have your eyes rolling backwards.

Sounds like speed to me, probably lasted so long 'cos you're a newbie and took way too much by the sounds of it!
    the colour of it would make me think speed but some of the other effects.. laughing your balls off on speed? couldnt imagine it, sounds rather trippy too :crazyeyes
    Yar i thought it was speed until they went on to the floaty bit and then i was all confuddled but mabye it was speed cut with ket (possibly my favourite combination of all time)
    z- wrote: »
    the colour of it would make me think speed but some of the other effects.. laughing your balls off on speed? couldnt imagine it, sounds rather trippy too :crazyeyes

:yes: Maybe some acid-laced speed?
    sounds more like an over exaggerating OP, but i suppose stranger things have happened lol :chin:
    Teagan wrote: »
    :yes: Maybe some acid-laced speed?

I'd say that's very unlikely, it could have been one of the many strange and rather dangerous 'research chemicals', DOM perhaps?
    with the way the dosage works with most of those RC's i doubt someone was floatin around gettin people to gum it

a lot of them have a dosage of <10mg, others not much more than that, and the dose curve is very high, it would be danergous and stupid to be eyeballing any amount of it

people acquiring these chemicals tend to be fairly clued up on the risks associated, so i really couldnt imagine someone runnin around with a bag full asking people to rub it in their gums!
    z- wrote: »
    with the way the dosage works with most of those RC's i doubt someone was floatin around gettin people to gum it

a lot of them have a dosage of <10mg, others not much more than that, and the dose curve is very high, it would be danergous and stupid to be eyeballing any amount of it

people acquiring these chemicals tend to be fairly clued up on the risks associated, so i really couldnt imagine someone runnin around with a bag full asking people to rub it in their gums!

People have done far more stupid things than this while high. I'm not saying its definite, but if the report is correct and they hallucinated for 15 hours there isnt a long list of chemicals that can do that.

Ket and meth is another possible, given they were apparently awake for 3 days, although that seems unlikely from one dose.
    Thanks for your advice guys but im no clearer. Extra things I can remember is that my hearing was a bit muffled and had this sort of dubby quality to it. Also my gums bled quite a lot afterwards. To be totally honest, the drugs may have not been the only reason I didnt sleep all that time. I didnt go into work because of the effects of the drugs and maybe the anxiety could have influenced my sleep patterns. maybe it was the drugs. maybe it was my anxiety, im a very anxious person.

Another guy I mentioned this too recently suggested that this sounded like the effects of oxidised DMT and ketmaine when smoked in a shisha (?) I told him that Id gummed it though. Obviously this isnt the biggest worry, I'm just quite interested. I feel like im on the cusp of an amazing drugs oddessy, I just dont know where to start

Cheers
    I'm almost certain it will have been base amphetamine. It's yellow, u rub it on gums, can make your teeth gnash and it can keep you awake for 3 days. Could have been meth as another poster said but its not as common over here - the effects are the same as base but stronger and longer lasting.
    budda wrote: »
    People have done far more stupid things than this while high. I'm not saying its definite, but if the report is correct and they hallucinated for 15 hours there isnt a long list of chemicals that can do that.

true

i dont think the orignal post is enough to go on, its just a guessing game!
    lil_pippin wrote: »
    Another guy I mentioned this too recently suggested that this sounded like the effects of oxidised DMT and ketmaine when smoked in a shisha (?)

I maybe wrong but I'm virtually certain that you cant smoke ketamine, and are you sure they said oxidised DMT? That doesnt make any sense. I suppose it could have been DMT with an MOAI, but that seems very unlikely.
    I don't think the person who said it was like 'oxidised DMT and ketamine smoked in shisha' really knew what he was talking about.
    Neither of those drugs would last long at all, and they don't keep you awake for days or particularly make you grind your teeth.

Still thinking it'll have been some form of amphetamine or one of the many research chems, probably piperazine based if so.