Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Couple of problems

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
So far I've ntoiced two problems..

First one is that when I click on sizes for text size I get the program code instead of the selections.

Second is, if I edit a post and clcik save it doesn't revert back to the post page it just freezes and I have to go back into the forums selection to make sure it edited properly
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It doesnt actually make the text bigger in the editing window, it will only show the coding [ SIZE="7" ][ /SIZE ] etc
  • Options
    Nah - it's borked. Our css guru is working on it in the new styles and she'll hopefully have a solution soon. I'll also mentioned the save/refresh issue but haven't had time to add it to the technical slate yet.

You should find the paired down 'wide' styles don't have this problem if you want a short term fix. You can change size manually using -

[size=x][/size] where x is 1 to 7 (7 being the largest and I think 2 or 3 is the default text size)

Hope that helps in the short term.
  • Options
    Oh and you can hit refresh after hitting the edit button and it should show the thread with the edits made.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah the edit issue happens to me but only in FF3 not FF2 :s
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Yeah the edit issue happens to me but only in FF3 not FF2 :s

I think maybe the problem occured after Firefox 3 was released because I used to be on here with no problems but when I returned they were here.
  • Options
    It's the new skins - the old skins seem okay with FF2 but it's a nightmare trying to track down what is causing what with the new version whilst maintaining support for the old. We'll keep trying though.
  • Options
    also I have experienced a daemon emailer going to my email....when I asked a question and never got my id number.
  • Options
    You don't actually get a question through your email - the ID number is presented at the final screen when asking a question on askTheSIte.

If you PM me the details of the question then I can see if we have the answer available.
  • Options
    Oh, well it was my first time of asking so I will try to remember for next time.
    My apologies.
    I was asking if we could have an equality and diversity section in the information section.