Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Damp

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I moved my bed last night to find a lovely wet patch in the corner of the wall with mould and stuff.

For some strange reason I think this might be damp.

I live in a college owned house, so will be talking to them about it in the meantime, but is there anything in particular I can do to try and help the situation until then?

I slept in the spare room last night as I've got an awful cough and housemates decided that the damp right next to my bed where I sleep probably isn't helping.

I don't dry clothes in my room, it seemed fine when I moved in in September, and I've got a tiny window that's always got condensation and a view straight onto the road so I keep the curtain shut a lot.

Comments

• Options
    Is it an old building?

I think the best thing to do is keep windows open as much as possible, do not dry clothing indoors ang try not to have furniture pressed up against walls. Inreality most of those are stupid unpractical ideas though :( sorry!
  • Options
    Do you have electric storage heaters?
  • Options
    No electric storage heaters, just radiator, a very powerful radiator!

Never dry anything in my room, there's no room. Have moved the bed away from the wall for the time being, am guessing that will help.
  • Options
    Sometimes to do with bad circulation of air around the affected areas, moving the bed away should probly help.