Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Healing thy self...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
as in the great term which i frequently tell my mother : healer heal thy self...

Seeing as the mental health system is just letting me down time and time again, and i'm hearing more and more about people finding alternative techniques outside of a theraputic setting, i'm just wondering if anyone has any experiance in this and has had a positive outcome...

what kind of things have worked? How long did you find it took you?

my only other option now seems to be getting another loan out and paying for it privately, which will cost in excess of £2000 for my full course of treatment (which in a theraputic setting is my only alternative to being an inpatient for a month on a psychiatric neurological ward...what fun!)

i don't think it would be dangerous for me, its not like i'm at risk of harming myself or anyone else but there are so many elements of my mental health conditions which can make life unbearable, and i just want to start making progress rather than living in limbo forever....