Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

A beginners guide to getting fitter?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Whats the best way to get fit for someone who's level of fitness is so poor that I can only jog for 5mins before I feel the need to collapse!!

Whats the best things to do? Thank you.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Biking did it for me. :)

I'm still a shit runner but after this summer where I did lots of biking I returned to the gym and have never been better on the treadmill! :thumb:

Plus it's fun and can be done the whole year round!
    Swim - Supports your body weight and is a good all round exercise.
    Anywhere you can fit more walking in to your day do it and up your pace a bit. It's a great way to get a bit fitter and build up your stamina without having to do a massive workout. I've taken to getting off the bus a few stops early on my way home and walking the rest :)
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Anywhere you can fit more walking in to your day do it and up your pace a bit. It's a great way to get a bit fitter and build up your stamina without having to do a massive workout. I've taken to getting off the bus a few stops early on my way home and walking the rest :)

Yeah i walk loads now. 30 mins walk to and from work each day. Just think when you go out, could you quite easily save abit of money and just walk to wherever your going.