Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Temporary Break in college. Should I Let Go

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have recently gone to a college that is 2 hours away from my girlfriend. We just met before college but have never clicked and felt this way about each other before. We tried the long distance thing but it was too hard. I know i love her alot and she feels the same so we decided to take a "break" until summer. We are free to do whatever until then, and we are still talking everyday over texts. She is a very honest girl and would tell me anything if it was wrong and would tell me she liked someone else if she did. She really thinks this will work in the summer, and when i come home we will start over like I never left and nothing that happened before matters. I think this will work, but it was her who requested the break and im not sure if i should hold on or let go. I do not want to get hurt because this hurts very much even though i still have the hope of getting back together. I am wondering if I should just let it go or try to move on without truly letting go.

To note, she hung out with her ex bf about 3 weeks into the "break". Her best friend, who doesnt agree with my girlfriend because she knows she has never liked anyone as much as me and has seen her with guys since the 4th grade, told me that it just kind of happened it wasnt planned and my girlfriend really doesnt want to hurt me. She said she felt really really bad for hanging out with another guy, and its been 3 weeks already. I want to stay and believe her and that this whole thing will work but im not 100% sure. Any help is appreciated.

Andy

Comments