Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

help :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
been away from the boards for awhile

anyway, i have been seeing a girl for awhile. i guess it is my longest ever relationship. we met just over 6 months ago. she is a native, and i am a foreigner in her country. theres not a lot of jobs here, due to the economic situation. early next summer, i probably will have to leave the country, as i wont be able to find a job. i speak the language, but not perfectly enough to compete with a native who has learned english.

so...would it make more sense to break up now? i dont want to, but i know it will hurt even more if we have that extra time together then have to split next summer. my life here is nothing without her, but its unfair to leave her hanging onto something that probably wont be possible.

so what should i do? if i didnt like her so much it wouldnt be so hard...

and long distance wouldnt work out for us...

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    I would say a lot can happen between now and next summer... situations can change - I wouldn't finish a perfectly good relationship for a maybe...
  • Options
    no me neither - you never know what might happen next summer is ages away and a lot can happen between now and then. Plus if you have to move for work she could always move to be with you.
  • Options
    Splodgey wrote: »
    I would say a lot can happen between now and next summer... situations can change - I wouldn't finish a perfectly good relationship for a maybe...

Agreed.

Maybe you should address that problem to her too? I am sure she has a good opinion on it too.