Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Bit of a dilema

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok here it goes...
about a year ago my best mate had his passing out parade from the army and i went along (as any best mate would) now his brother was there and we hit it off straight away. his witty charm and sarcastic sense of humour is what i seem to go all weak kneed at...
well that night we slept together and have done since, without the relationship part...he claims that if i sleep with another guy he gets really jealous and just wants me to himself

now in the last year, i have come to realise that i have very strong feelings for him, and when i try and voice these emotions he says that the army messed him up too much (he was also in the army), he doesn't have emotions and he will never be commited to another woman, this obviously for someone who likes him is quite hard to hear,

i don't know what to do as he treats me like a girlfriend when we are in eahothers company, i help him out alot with his emotions and we do genuinely get along

what do i do?
any suggestions or am i just being silly and give up?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    give him an untilmatum. either you go for it as a couple or leave it all together. Just randomyl slleping together whenever u want is fine if u both want it but you obviously want something more and its not fair on either of you to keep stringing it out.
    he claims that if i sleep with another guy he gets really jealous and just wants me to himself
    he will never be commited to another woman

To be honest I think these two phrases should tell you something. Sounds like major double standards to me!
    Splodgey wrote: »
    To be honest I think these two phrases should tell you something. Sounds like major double standards to me!

Perhaps even Sergeant Major double standards :-D
    thanks for all the responses,
    i suppose he does have double standards because whenever i do ask him about it he says "he wants me, but doesn't" charming huh