Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Buying fabric in london

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to find a haberdashery in London... preferably fairly cheap! I need a specific thing, which is this foam-type fabric kinda like this. I also need some wonder-web and other little bits.

Friends have suggested Camden market or somewhere in east London - would Camden be more expensive? If anyone can suggest some places with tube stops that'd be great - I'm hoping to go over this afternoon!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I normally go to Soho but it can be quite dear. Could try the fabricland website http://www.fabricland.co.uk/ they are reliable, my mum uses them a lot (she's a textiles teacher/maker of ice skating dresses and other bits on the side) but I guess it depends on how hard the fabric you're looking for is to find.

Hope that helps in some way!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you aren't going to find anything in camden, and the east end isn't great really for that kinda stuff....

is it neoprean stuff (like the material that wetsuits are made out of) that you are looking for? if so i know that there is a shop- berwick street cloth shop which should have some, and kleins (which is near by to berwick street) is the best haberdashery i've come across in a long time...still doesn't have everything but has most basic nessesities and such...