Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Regulars Intro

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm 17 and live in Kent. been on the site for a while but don't post much..guess I'm just lazy. I live in Kent, where there's nothing to do apart from sitting in fields of cows or sitting in the local pub full of old men talking about motor cars and fertilisers - and that's where I choose to spend most of my time. Although it does have a juke box..hey thats a bonus, right?
    Ok well music's quite a big part of my life...I like punk, rock, ska and the occasional drum & bass. I play guitar and drums. I spend quite alot of time going to see local bands and I'm going to Reading festival in the summer. I have a big diversity of friends and I don't like narrow-minded people.
    I'm at school doing my A-levels, I prefer the night-time to the daytime and I like Latin. I design and make alot of clothes and I'm interested in different fashions.
    I like some sport mainly athletics, rock-climbing and bowling (is that classed as a sport?!).
    erm I like butterflies and the Fonz..

-xx :)
  • Options
    According to Whowhere I'm not a reg... but I'm posting anyhow!

Hi, I'm Laura and I'm 15 from a village in Notts, though I did used to live on the outskirts of Glasgow. I go to your average rough comprehensive and love it, even though I'm not a perfect candidate for the stereotypical idea of students there. I talk reasonably well, and I get good grades. But the thing that annoys me most about my life is that I am middle of five kids and my two sisters that have already been through the same school were superstars intelligence-wise. I seem to be living off their name and reputation rather than my own. Which I suppose is one of the reasons I have applied for Head Girl- to prove to myself, and everyone else, that I am good enough. That I don't need to survive off my surname- that I can just be Laura. I just hope I get it!!

At the moment I am putting off coursework, and that is why I am on here introducing myself to you people. I am also trying to decide whether or not to txt the guy I like.

More about me- I am quite girlie and flirty, play flute and clarinet, get on with most people and have a reputation for being stuck-up although when people get to know me they always apologise for thinking that. And I'm very different to peoples expectations!!!

Well there you go. Can't be arsed to write anymore, and I think I've written enough anyhow!!

Genie
    xxxxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    You're classed as a regular if you joined before January 2002. Well, if I was in charge you would be anyway.

Well, by that standard I am a regular. :D Lets just ignore the whole 'forgot my password for 6 months' fiasco. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'm not telling you my name. The only people who know it are those who I have added or who have added me to their MSN and that is the way it shall stay. My email address does kind of give my name away though. :rolleyes:
    I'm 17, female (duh) and I live in Derbyshire but I'm from Essex (no comments about Essex girls please) so I have quite a freaky Northern/Southern accent.
    I'm at sixth form doing 3 A levels. I was doing 4 but, well, we won't go into that.
    I'm quite a chatty girly, although I've been quite silent lately as a few people could tell you. I'm getting back into my chatty mood now though :) so people on MSN, be afraid as I think I'm just going to start talking to you all non-stop. :p
    I'm a friendly creature so feel free to natter to me if you want. :D
  • Options
    You sound fun Daisychaninthing. I hope to get to know you better. ;)
  • Options
    My name is Jonathan. Im 19 and from sunny north manchester. Im not someone you can fit in a box, so don't try. I react to individual stimuli like any other chemical. Im currently a Revenue Officer working in a call centre, but as I'm only just starting, please wait till my training is complete before any taxation questions. Im interested in philosophy, Poetry, Journalism and the media in general, music (weird taste rangling from eminem to oasis), mancunian history, european football (please don't call it soccer, it has nothing to do with socks...lol), writing in general, animals, psychology, and human beings in general. Hey, you wanna know more? well why not get to know me!
    ps,
    don't believe everything that's said about me, judge for yourself
  • Options
    ok peeps, taking off on the matter...

I'm Justin (believe it or not) and I'm 20 living waaaaay out down under in a funny place called Auckland, New Zealand. I haven't always lived out here, I used to live in Blackpool until September last year when I got evicted for partying too hard and DJing with a nightclubs full of people in my one bedroom flat:

http://www.thesite.org/magazine/rants/landlord_bastards.html

Since then I decided to clean my act up a bit, I went to a techie school and did my MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) certification and got interesting letters after my name. I've gone a bit health consious and am a regular sunbed addict (hense the amazing tan - if I do say so myself) and I wax my eyebrows almost twice a month (lol).

I'm working in sales at the moment cause IT jobs are running scarce since September 11th, but it won't be long now before I'm back as IT Systems Support and finally then I'll be able to afford to buy some decks and start DJing on Kroad like I did in England.

Lets see, what else, ohhh, if you haven't already figured out I'm a bit of a clubber and have been doing the rounds out here monthly at the world tours of Slinky, Gatecrasher, Chemistry, Miss Moneypennys and the like on a range of substances ranging from Ecstasy and GHB/GBL to Nitrus Oxide and Acid.

I'm usually hopping around at stupid hours (due to the time zone differences - we're about 12hrs ahead) in 'Anything Goes'

Links and Stuff: http://www.faceparty.com/justinb_nz/

... and just for you all, a Gatecrasher photo of me in a mess:

http://www.hardhouse.co.nz/photos/gatecrasher02/06.jpg

-= I really need to watch which button I'm hitting, I keep pressing 'New Topic' instead of reply =-
  • Options
    First of all, I am a regular. Don't care about what WhoWhere says :p *knows that this could lead to a fight*

Hmm, *doesn't know where to start*. Well, I am 16 years old. Live in Copenhagen which is the capital of Denmark (just for those people who thought that it is in Sweden).
    I am VERY stubborn, and will do whatever I can to achieve my goals. I don't really have a hobby or so... Though I like to swim when I need to get all of my aggressions and energy out. Otherwise, my vices are cd's (can't get enough), sweets and shopping (yes, it is shallow, but always puts a smile on my face finding some kickass shoes/skirt/shirt/pants/whatever. A good quote: "People who say that money can't buy happiness, simply don't know where to shop!").

My favourite board on thesite is definitely politics. Even though I don't always post, I love reading the discussions there. That board tells a lot about the contributors of posts. That's definitely the board where personality shines through I would say. Of course, I can't check the forums without going to anything goes either.

Ok, I will stop now. Need to leave stuff for you to find out...

Well, see you all on the boards:)

P.S. Another fact, my real name is NOwhere near Jacqueline... :eek: People on MSN will know;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    You're classed as a regular if you joined before January 2002. Well, if I was in charge you would be anyway.

*hides under her desk*

ok, so i'm not a regular... I didn't wanna post my intro in a thread on its own though, because i'm really not exciting enough to have a thread to myself.
  • Options
    Hey.

I'm Alex. I live in Hollywood, California. I'm a university student at the University of Southern California and at UCLA, working on two double majors. ( Political Science, International relations, Economics, Mechanical Engineering)

I'm an avid weight lifter/runner who loves all sports. (Especially baseball, American football, swimming, basketball , World Cup, the Olympics and hockey)

Other than sports my interests include politics, music, art, surfing and shooting (I'm not a redneck though)

I love talking to and meeting people from other countries as well. I speak three languages fluently and I'm learning two more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Alessandro
    (I'm not a redneck though)

Liar :p
  • Options
    Well Im not actually classed as a regular but oh well I have no social life therefore I am here most of the time. :) Hence the many posts. :)

Well anyway. My name is Emma and Im 15. Im 16 in september. I come from Stoke - on - trent which IS officially the worst place in britain according to some poll that was done. But oh well I don't care. :)

Im a goth or a mosher - whatever you want to call them, so my favourite bands are System of a down, Slipknot, Korn, Hoobastank, New Found Glory, Blink 182, Adema etc... Check out my msn profile for the full list.

I love listening to music and hanging around with my friends. I play the flute (ok i know it is weird for a mosher but i don't care) and im a singer. I like singing but i don't think im very good at it. My singing teacher and my friends tell me i am but i don't know.

I have a few peircings and i want a tatoo. I am in a long term relationship now. Hopefully it will last. :)

I recently went through a bad patch and spent most of my time here so you ill usually see me hanging around in either anything goes, Relationships or (although i hate to admit it) Sex.

I think that i get on wirth most people on the site. And i like to think that most of them don't mind little me being here.

Anyway im sick of writing now so heres my faceparty address for anybody who wants to know more. (sorry no pictures - im working n some good ones. :))

www.faceparty.com/boozy_bird76
  • Options
    Well I'm not technically a regular but like everyone else says I'm buggered if I'm starting my own thread, so :p
    My name isn't really prufrock, surprisingly, it's archie - and yes, it is short for archibald. Don't take the piss.. I'm 18 and in my last year at school in leafy winchester - I leave in a month. Hopefully if I get the grades I'm going to cambridge to read english. i like books, music, sport, everything2.com (where I'm 'saint', if anyone else uses it) films, plays, food, and so on and so forth. I hate fish, especially cod. My favourite author is raymond carver, my favourite film is (at the moment) Don't Look Now, my favourite album is 69 Love Songs by Magnetic Fields or Grace by Jeff Buckley, and my favourite woman is Rachel Weisz. Or possibly, and i nkow it's deeply unoriginal, Cameron Diaz. I support SOuthampton FC - hence the 'saint' thing and I watch way too much TV, especially crappy soap operas and MTV. The only people in the world who I truly hate are the ones who say 'I'm a bit mad, me' and use too many exclamation marks. Though I'm sure I could forgive them given time. I look quite a lot like Leonardo DiCaprio. Honest.
  • Options
    Hi!!!!
    Im lisa and i just done a thread-y thing below!so if you can be bothered to look u can!!!i cant! But i am cool!!!!!!and crraaazze!!!
    If you follow your heart dreams and ambitions and believe in yourself u should always achieve your goals.
  • Options
    hi everyone my name is Louise im 15 and i live in Essex!!
    (wheres all the other Essex boys and girls??)
    i like going out having a laugh with mates, boys and getting drunk!!(basically what most teenagers like doing! ;) )
    my mates say im a typical blonde but there just jelous!!!

i have been on the site since...... i think about febuary i try and visit the site in me spare time and see new threads etc...

i think the site is wic-keed and use lot have helped me with alot of my questions and i hope i have helped other people with theres too. i have a sister who is 22 and 2 brothers, one whos 12 and the other who is 18.

anyway i hope to become a regular soon and get to no you all a bit more!!!:D

luv sugarxx
  • Options
    S'pose I better say something.

I've been here just over a year now, though I've only managed to make about 1500 posts between two user names. I'd like to say I post quality over quantity, but I'd by lying. :D

My names Steve, I'll be 21 in August, and I live in a tiny little village called Nomansland in the New Forest. Contrary to popular belief I'm not that stupid, and I've got 4 A levels (Chemistry, Physics, Computing and General Studies) from spending 3 years at college. However, I've never used any of my qualifications and didn't fancy going to Uni.

I was a Greenkeeper until recently with a GNVQ in Sports Turf Management, but I've decided there's no way I'm cutting grass for the rest of my life so it now looks like I've wasted anohter year at college, and now I'm currently a lazy bastard until I get off my arse and decide what I want to do.

I drive an Alfa Romeo 33, I enjoy my music, going out clubbing and getting wasted on a number of different chemicals. You'll most likely find me lurking in the drugs forum (trying to get newbies addicted) or in Anything Goes. Nowadays however, I read a lot more than I post.
    Originally posted by Prufrock
    I support Southampton FC

Good standard!
  • Options
    you'd better not be being sarcastic, skive: they are the greatest football team in the universe.
  • Options
    Hiya! Im Gabz and im 16. Currently doing my GCSEs. Half way through them now, keep getting distracted by the comp :D I lurrrrrve thesite! Too addictive though! I love hanging out with my mates, they are such a random, diverse bunch. Im into Art a lot, Music, film and sports cars. After my A levels im going to Art College. Hope to become a famous artist :)
  • Options
    Afternoon!

My name is Daniel, as you might have probably of guessed I'm 18 and from wonderful Derbyshire - yes all of it! :D I've been a member here for too long and its really begining to worry me.

When I'm not here spouting bollocks, i can sometimes be found at college, slacking my way through a BTEC National Diploma in Computing. All being well I should finish this in a couple of weeks. Come September, University will be-a-calling, and with that, debt. Lovely.

I am currently on Planet World Cup, watching as many games as possible and updating my electronic wall chart asap. I'm a Derby County supporter, but don't hold that against me, plus a follower of my other local team Burton Albion.

You'll find me mainly in Anything Goes, Sports & Fitness and maybe Drugs, in which a mainly read but rarely post.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Prufrock
    you'd better not be being sarcastic, skive: they are the greatest football team in the universe.

I don't know about being the greatest but I do support them. I used to live in near the Dell and used to see Saints play a lot when I was younger.
  • Options
    Well damnit, im gonna have to add a serious reply now..

Ok, real name is Chris. Im a 22 year old layabout who lives in north hertfordshire. Currently working part time as a comp tech support.

Just messing around while I try and make up my mind as to what i wanna do for the rest of my life...Thinking of going back to uni again, i dropped out last time. Probably going to do a business management degree with some language or other....Worked in computers for the past couple of years but its the most boring and frustrating industry in the world and i dont wanna do it forever.

Originally came to this site as a troll to try and piss as many people off as possible...As you might have noticed, ive stuck to that :D

Favourite part of the forums is the politics board...All the intelligent people hang out there, well except for Kentish of course :p ...

For some strange reason im a big fan of foreign music, far eastern to be exact....Its quite good cos nobody can slag off my music tastes cos nobody has ever heard of any of them :D ..

Also dangerously obsessed with a certain korean singer pictured below.
    hh.jpg
  • Options
    ME!

I'm Steph and I'm 18. Live in boring boring Warwickshire. Was meant to be going to uni this summer but due to a few minor glitches (like spending a month in a psychiatric hospital...) I am repeating year 13; A levels in German, French and English Lit. , when the courses start on Thursday...am bricking it somewhat. The year 12s look scary!
    I want to be a primary school teacher (reception class) when I grow up as I love children. I have been working in a nursery during my time away from school and I really enjoy it. I have also been studying for a GCSE in Russian...the exams are in 2 weeks or so and I have done no revision. Fuck.
    I dont have a huge number of friends due to losing quite a few when I was ill but the ones I do have a wonderful and really really help me out. I would do anything for them. I love going out, even if it's just into town to the pub and my favourite way to spend a weekend is partying in one of the UKs cities! (except Birmingham. Because it sucks :p) Music is my love and I am into most types of rock and indie. Oasis and Manics and Smashing Pumpkins and Muse and King Adora and Radiohead are my faves. Not into dance/trance/hiphop/rnb/garage although I love a bit of cheesy pop to cheer me up. Love footie so am very excited by world cup. I like to do Art (just paint and stick random things into my art book) and I love to read (Orwell, Dostoevsky, Plath, Nick Hornby and the Harry Potter books!)
    Thats enough from me I think! Oh and I am a regular poster, been here since November! :p You'll usually find me on Anything Goes although Entertainment is sometimes good.

http://www.deadjournal.com/users/cheapglitter/

(edited twice...am a retard!)
  • Options
    OK........ I'm Sara, i'm 17 and i live in South East London. I'm currently taking AS levels in Biology, Psychology and Business Studies, but i'm dropping Psych cos i hate it, and am taking up Government and Politics. I'm only taking 3 beacuse i spent most of yr 11 in bed because i had ME, which i am mainly over but i still get tired occasionally.
    I listen to lots of music, but mainly punk (as those of you who knew me as punkinlondon had probably worked out!). I also listen to a variety of other things including Drum and Bass, which my ex got me into :eek:
    I tend to spend my time at the pub, in the cinema, having things pierced (i have 11!) or online. My parents are seperated and i have a 13 yr old sister, who is a brat. Like Steph (pinkfeatherboa) i lost contact with a lot of friends when i was ill, but the ones that i'm still close to are wonderful and supportive and very very funny. I love reading too, all sort of genre books, but i think my favourite authors are Bill Bryson, Terry Pratchett, Margaret Atwood and Patricia Cornwall.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Balddog
    All the intelligent people hang out there, well except for Kentish of course :p ...
    Hey, cheeky!

Am I expected to do this properly now?

No?

Oh good :p
  • Options
    A medal for all those who have actually waded through all four pages to get here.

I'm here out of general work-related boredom, well that was my excuse at the start, now I've given in to the fact it's quite addictive being here.

I'm too old, too cynical, too evasive and too lazy to post all my "interesting" details here, if you really wanna know it's all on my profile.

Damn, that's lazy.

:D
  • Options
    I'm just here. I'm indefinable, incongrous and indefatigable (well, approaching two years, aren't I?).

The rest of me can remain a mystery, because quite frankly, you don't *really* need to know, do you?
  • Options
    Figured i best get around to this post....

Im Shelly from Bristol. Im 22 (23 soon) :eek: , feeling old now!
    Living with Marmite who is also a member of the site.;) .
    Erm not much to say really. Posted mostly last year then had to have a break for about 2/3 months due to no access, back for god now though.

Im usually found in Anything goes bored out of my brain.

Well thats about it!

:)
  • Options
    Whowhere:
    Bastard :D

I am Toadborg, I am an 18 year old Economics undergraduate......

PS I'm not really here.........;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lord of Little
    I'm too old, too cynical, too evasive and too lazy to post all my "interesting" details here, if you really wanna know it's all on my profile.

Damn, that's lazy.

:D

There's fuck all on your profile (kind of like that lovely Lj some poor soul spent ages making *cough cough*)!!

But if anyone really want's juicy details I have a pricelist made out...

:p
  • Options
    Hello, I am (the infamous?) Captain Kirk... I can't be arsed writing about my life and who I am because it's too tedious.
  • Options
    I appear to have missed this thread cos this is the first time I've ventured into "Introduce Yourself". Well, I'm probably the least known regular, but that's cos I'm a kind of casual member, though I've been posting a fair bit lately.

I'm Chris, I'm 19 today :D (I've got an exam tomorrow hence not out getting wrecked) and I'm from the lovely shithole of Ballyclare in Co Antrim, Northern Ireland. I'm studying French though at Lancaster Uni, which is great. I love it here.

Music and football are my big passions - love Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Weezer, Ash and loads of other bands, and I support Liverpool.

There you go - mail me if you want, or fuck off out of my life :p