Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Someone make a decission for me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I need to make a decision about my job and I really don’t know what to do, some days it’s alright but other days I dislike it. So come on help me decide. :thumb:

Now I have only been doing this job a little under two weeks but I’m not really enjoying it. I want to go back to my previous job where I was happy but earned less money. My new job is a lot more money than my old job, so money is an issue but I don’t know if it should be at the expense of being happy.

If I’m honest this new job will also stand me in better stead for where I want to go in my career, sounds perfect, but I just dread coming to work. I’ve talked to my manager who has agreed to try and make things better, but yet my old job still seem so appealing, I know the job, I know the people and I enjoyed it.

Although I’m not too popular at my old job anymore because I left after only a few months, my ex manager has said he would have me back. He wants me to meet him and his boss to talk further about me returning. He has had to pull some strings to get me back so I don’t want to fuck him around.

Part of me wants to go back to my old job with mates I could get on with, whilst another part of me keeps thinking I should stay in the new job and things might get better. The extra money means I could do a lot more things that I previously thought.

I wish I never looked for a new job in the first place.

So come on then; the choice is yours, you decide!
:p

Comments

• Options
    Old job. No point earning more money in a job if your unhappy with it.
  • Options
    Why do you not like your new job?
  • Options
    its probably down to you being outside your comfort zone. dont go back, you made the decision to leave, stick by it, see how things work out. couple of weeks/months aint exactly massive periods of employment, give it a chance.

this is just my personal opinion, i couldnt fasion to go back to a previous job with my tail between my legs. i think you need to give it more time!
  • Options
    Why did you look for a new job in the first place? that may help you decide.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote: »
    Why did you look for a new job in the first place? that may help you decide.

Bit of thinking the grass is greener and bit of wanting more money. In all fairness I never thought I would get the job, it just kinda happened.