Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Sticky: Introductions FAQ

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    am i now able to change my nickname on here?
    Why would you want to change it if you just joined? :confused:

Nah, you can't change it but heylo and welcome to ya anyway. :)
    Jus tto something a bit more unrecogniseable would eb better. but not to worry!!. CHeers hi to you too! hehe :)
    Why do you want to be unreconisable?

hello btw :)
    Hiya

Hope to speak to y'all soon :D
    dear crap

Well it seems like the mass exodus from liv4now has been somewhat pointless as this site seems just as drab and inane, and sadly still has lumps of congealed lard like tenbellies and blueeyes clogging up it's verbal arteries, hindering and stunting the flow of stimulating and interesting chat. In fact, if anything the level of chat on the boards is even less cerebrally challenging than the piss-poor conversational "skills" displayed on liv4now. Mind you, the boards there have improved immeasurably since its most illiterate and ignorant members elected to chat here instead!
    Well sod off the mock beta
    Great way to welcome yourself there. :rolleyes:
    You want info... here it is.

I'm going to get the hard bit out first.
    I'm a Physicist. Yes that's right, a bit of a nerd, but I've seen enough blank looks when I tell people what I do that I've learned to embrace my nerdiness!

I have a personality and can even talk about things other than physics. The best thing about my study (I'm a PhD student) is that I have to travel. I'm spending 3 months in Europe at the moment. Life's tough:)

Not only I'm a physicist, but I a woman too. A little unusual but thats changing. If nothing else it means there are always lots of available guys around.

I live in Melbourne, in Australia, and love it. I also love reading, swimming and (making and looking at) sculpture. Any 3D artwork is great.
    Great site. Lots of interesting posts.
    Re: dear crap
    Originally posted by mookalpha
    Well it seems like the mass exodus from liv4now has been somewhat pointless as this site seems just as drab and inane, and sadly still has lumps of congealed lard like tenbellies and blueeyes clogging up it's verbal arteries, hindering and stunting the flow of stimulating and interesting chat. In fact, if anything the level of chat on the boards is even less cerebrally challenging than the piss-poor conversational "skills" displayed on liv4now. Mind you, the boards there have improved immeasurably since its most illiterate and ignorant members elected to chat here instead!

:rolleyes: :mad: F off then u arse :mad: :rolleyes:
    Me

Hi All,

My name's Jason and I'm a Maths Teacher (There I got it out - I hope that doesn't go down too badly :D )
    I'm 22, from London and I absolutely adore Science Fiction, Politics and swimming + anything fun - and alright sometimes I enjoy Maths.

Here's to good times!
    Hey welcome to the site

I'm doing maths and further maths for A level :rolleyes: not quite sure why!!!

:D
    Originally posted by Deeeeb
    I'm doing maths and further maths for A level :rolleyes: not quite sure why!!!

Because you like/are good at maths? Or you're just insane. :p:D
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing
    Because you like/are good at maths? Or you're just insane. :p:D

Insane, I'd say :p
    Maybe a bit of all of that :p
    Hi everybody!!

Right then, Hi!

I'm 16yrs old, and live on the staffordshire border about 12miles from Birmingham.

I live with my parents, my older brother, and my pets (dog & cat).

I enjoy drama, music, cinema, fashion, design, shopping, and current affairs.

I am just about to start my A-Levels, I am taking Theatre studies, Communication studies, Law, English language and literature, and general studies, (Jesus I must be a glutten for punishment!!).

Well, thats about all I guess, I look forward to participating in all your discussions.

Luv

Ju

:p
    me

i am a trout who was exposed to chemical radiation at a very young age causing me to obtain some very special powers which i vowed to use for the good of fish kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO AM I ......................................... IM SUPER TROUT
    real me

well really..........................

i am chris!!!
    age 16
    male (duh)
    urmmm.... i am from the uk, nottingham!!!

i need your help!!!!
    if someone could find me a cool pic to go by my name it would be greatly appreciated! (i am not havin much luck finding one of a fish with a cape.... :rolleyes:
    hi i'm laney n new to this lark not sure what im doing mmm see if this works!!
    Hello all and welcome to the site :)
    Hello :)

I'm Simon, I'm 19 and live in Shrewsbury. I'm just about to start a course in music production at college. Um, I'm obsessed with Buffy, dvd's and chocolate.

That'll do for now, lol
    hi everyone, the name's rob (obviously), im 18, born and bred in manchester (dont believe the hype, manchester is just about as good as the weather we get up here...) but goin to huddersfield in a month to start my business management course at uni after i cocked up my a-levels. i'm into all different kinds of music, football, going out on the razz, all the usual stuff. :D
    I keep forgetting about you lot.

Welcome to you all.

:)
    What you always wanted to know about MissBliss

Hi everyone, i'm 16, female from Cheshire, and I'm completely new to this site - so it would be great if i could get to know some of you guys! At the moment I'm studying for my GCSE's in my last year of school :D *whoohoo!* and then...(fingers crossed!) i'll be going to college to study for my a-levels.

I'm not toooo far away from liverpool and I live with my parents and two cats who think they're all that ;) I've never been too good at writing about myself (too modest, heh :D) so i'm going to "finish off" with a lil survey I prepared earlier...

A few things you always wanted to know about Sunny...

1)I almost broke my nose on holiday once when i tripped up over a rucked up piece of carpet and smashed it aginst the wall SMACK!. Ouchie!

2) When I was seven I ACCIDENTALLY chopped of the end of my pet gerbil's tail when I shut the cage door on it

3) I'm not a chocolate lover!

4) White roses are my favorite!

5) I'm addicted to candy banannas and shrimps. I'm eating them right now!

6) When i was 12 I waited in line for an hour to get an autograph from some guy I'd never heard of before. I still don't know who he was!

7) I love candles! I can't help but play with the wax though, always!

8) I wear my hair down everyday.

9) My favourite colour is pink.

10) Nothing better than walking on the beach barefoot during sunset...

11) My mum had a miscarriage before she had me.

12) If I ever have a wedding I want it to be very small at night in a rose garden under the stars.

13) I miss those long late night phone calls with Andy.

14) I love caramel on anything. Yep, anything! heehee

15) Payday is every first Monday of the month. Am i spoiled or what?!

16) I don't drink coffee

17) Apparantly my brother dropped me into the road by accident when i was a baby. Scary stuff!

18) I don't travel as much as I wish I could.

19) I've never had a hang over.

20) I lost my best friend in the world over a stupid fight. No one knows me like he does. Andy I'll love you always.

21) I've never even heard the voices of some of the people i trust most in the world.

22) I'm a Saggitarius

23) I'm blind as a bat without my contacts in.

24) I used to eat marmite by the the spoonfuls when i was a kid. Bleche!

25) I think about my funeral more than my wedding. Well, I'm guaranteed to be at at least one of them.

26) I still can't make Ready-Brek!

27) I have way too many many pairs of socks!

28) Just recently I learnt that its okay to cry.

29) I'm addicted to pasta! Only because it's the only thing I know how to cook without burning myself! Aaahhh!

30) Making you smile makes me smile :)
    Wahey what an introduction :D

Where abouts in Cheshire are you? One of my mates has just moved there, poor sod don't know anyone :p

Welcome to the site :)
    hey everyone..im from california, so im kinda the outcast on this site..oh wells..always up for talking and 'meeting' new peeps..anyways, im 24 female who loves ice hockey, snowboarding, and about anything else that requires being outside..into about every type of music..just moved back home with my mom and stepdad (lost my job, so had no money for rent!)..and also my cat marty!..hmm, i dont know what else, so i'll keep this short..talk to you all later! :cool:
    Hello and welcome to the site :D There is a few people from the USA that post here :)
    There's people from all over the world that post here:)
    In fact judging from some posts, there's people from other worlds that post here! :D
    thats cool..i just noticed that a lot of people were from europe..im happy to meet anyone and everyone! :D
    its all good..Anything goes is more interesting anyways!
This discussion has been closed.