Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sticky: Introductions FAQ

DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
So who the hell are you?
If you are new to TheSite.org discussion boards then… welcome. It’s a nice place and people don’t bite that much.

We’ve set up this forum especially so you can introduce yourself to other users of the boards. Tell us a little about yourself, why you’re here and what you’re interested in. We promise no one will judge you for what you write (unless u rt in txt in whch case they wll kll u).

If you have any questions or find this appalling scary, then message or email one of the mods. We’re kind, friendly and oh-so-helpful.

helen@thesite.org

And feel free to take a look at the good manners guide whilst you settle in.

TheSite Mods

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    OK - I'm guessing we have to reply not start a new topic?

Im from Cardiff though not welsh born just bred.
    Born nr Birmingham, lived in Ireland but never been abroad.
    I'm 32.

Like cats and my newly aquired dog.

Work in a media library.
    Mum lovely - dad dead. One sister, one brother.

qualified librarian. Living with boyfriend - no kids.

Love Big brother, growing veg, cycling, music

Looking forward to glastonbury and buying my new house.
  • Options
    I from South London, Live in crappy south croydon

Live with my Mummy and daddy still(for the time being anyway)

have 2 brothers one older and one younger, (I hate being in the middle) I'm 18 and work full time,I spend most of my working day on this site!!(Please don't tell my boss!)

I'm saving up for my Holiday at the moment and then I will be saving up for a car and learning to drive

I Like Football!! Enjoy TV, and thats about it....I live a very dull life

That's me done
    :p
  • Options
    I'm Katy, live in Birmingham although born in Brighton and have lived all over. Not working at the mo as I dropped out of uni (but I'm going back in September). I like drinking being silly, reading magazines and sleeping. :)
  • Options
    I'm Gemma. I live in cornwall. I am 17 years old and i am currently studying at sixth form to get my alevels. I do AVCE health and social care and Alevel Biology. I hope to go to university and do a teaching degree.

I live with my mum dad and sister. I have a boyfriend called gary AKA Lino.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Chris and I'm 18. I'm from Northern Ireland but studying French at Lancaster Uni. More fool me - the uni's great but the work's a pain! I'm a football and music obsessive and I have one brother who is 16.
  • Options
    I'm Julia, 16 from Herts.
    I'm doing GCSEs at the moment (*yay* :rolleyes:) and hopelessly job-seeking.

I get on really well with my family (which I'm told is suprising!) and have a wonderful boyfriend (who I shan't get all soppy over right now :)).

I love music (playing and listening to), reading (anything I can get my hands on) and drawing/sketching/designing. Oh and sleeping, eating and talking.
  • Options
    How many posts does it take to become a regular?
  • Options
    Being a regular isn't about how many posts you do, its about how often you post...

Obviously if you post frequently over a 3 month period you can be considered a regular. We're all about quality of posts and actually hanging around to get to know the gang.. :)
  • Options
    Re: Introductions FAQ
    Originally posted by Dom
    It’s a nice place and people don’t bite that much.

I do! :p

Well I am Kev and I used Nice K in the beginning that K means Kev, now K stands for Kick, why not :p

I am 20 something (hate to hear you lot all 16 17! :mad: ) and I am a trainee accountant which means I work and study at the same time. I graduated from city uni of london with a postgrad degree a couple of years ago. I missed the student life so much! Sleeping through mid-day, drink after lectures bra bra bra. I think thats why I like The Site, it makes me remind of my student days ;)
  • Options
    I'm Karen, or Kaz to my friends. I live in Leeds and I'm at college doing a BTEC diploma in child care. At the moment I live at home with my mum, dad and sister but hope to move in with my boyfriend within the next year or so.
    I enjoy going out and getting drunk with my mates, going to the cinema and the other usual stuff.
    Thats all I can think of writing at the moment.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Max Power
    How many posts does it take to become a regular?

More than you'll ever make. It requires respect, which isn't the same as being accepted into the imaginary clique that you will no doubt insist I lead. You need to post well, that's what it comes down to.
  • Options
    Im danny, im 16, live in leicester (with my parents and sister) and doing my gcse's at the minute :( . Whenever im online im usually on the site.Ive been here since january. Ummmmm i like rock/punk music and im going to see greenday next month :D:D:D and thats about it. :p
  • Options
    I'm Barry, Boris to my friends (don't ask why). I'm 15 and live in Frimley, Surrey but i was born in Isleworth in West London and lived in that area most of my life. I like football, running, playing games on my PC and PS2:D I hate cats and dogs and arsenal and i support man utd:)
  • Options
    Hi, im Dafydd, or Dai to my friends.

I live in South Wales, but born in East Anglia although i consider myself welsh.

I've just finished my GCSEs, looking for things to do!

I have a few really good mates, Clare (Naked Monkey is her registered name), Katie - a y10 who loves hugging me! and Lucy.

If anyone wants to know anything else about me, feel free to private message me!

Dai
  • Options
    Hi, my name's Elle and I'm 17 years old.

I live in South Lincolnshire with my two younger sisters (13 and 15) and my parents. I go to a sixth form school where I'm studying for my A-levels (just finished my AS-levels a couple of weeks ago). I work in a coffee shop in my town every other weekend where I get paid an amazing £2.50 an hour :(

I've been visiting the site on and off for the last year or so - I've read so many posts I feel that I have enough experience to start writing my own...;) Spend most of my online time here or on Rockstar (anything other than coursework or revising...) and in the real world I love snowboarding, my electric guitar and shopping :D
  • Options
    Hi, I'm Ruth and I'm new here.
    I'm from Durham, in the North East and I'm still at school, but I've got a job at weekends.. which I hate *lol*
    I'm into loadsa different stuff...music, drinking, piercings, shopping, etc.

Anyway, see yaz all around I suppose!
  • Options
    aiiii

hey im eve, just finish sixth form college and off 2 uni in sept! yes! stil living at home for time being, parentals arent to bad to live with thankfully!

i enjoy old films (former film student here), music like the kinks, clash, that sort of thing.....clubbing and basically trying to have fun 24/7 lol!

(btw im 18, 19 in october :) )
  • Options
    Hiya

Hiya,

My name is Natalie and I live in Medway, Kent, right in the South East of the UK :)

I've just finished my GCSEs (thank god) and I'm starting 6th form in September. Wish me luck!

I've got a boyfriend, I love alternative music but trance dance house etc. can be okay, and I enjoy reading, writing, being with my friends/boyfriend, clubbing, getting drunk and surfing the net :rolleyes:

Anyway thats enough about me, hope to speak to you all sometime, feel free to message me if you like :)

Nat xx
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,

I was just looking at my e-mails one day and one of my of friends sent me a link to this website. I am completely hooked now and probably should do some work!

I'm seriously easy going, if there is something really obscure that you do I want to know about it. I will try anything.

I'm a huge fan of 60's & 70's Soul/Funk/Jazz but my all time fav is Prince.

I also love Bruce Lee and Muhammed Ali the last true heros of our time.

My ultimate goal is to always be happy and strive to have a positive attitude of life.
    Me......We!
  • Options
    Hi!

I'm Hannah and I live in a tiny village at the bottom of a valley in Northumberland with 2 parents, 2 brothers and a slightly insane black labrador. I've just finished A-Levels in French, German and English Lit and after my Gap Year I'm going to uni to do Linguistics. Next January I'm going to teach in a secondary school in Kenya for term, followed by randomly wandering around East Africa until I decide I want a bath and come home.

I like reading, singing, politics and getting very drunk ;) and I would like to travel to many exciting exotic places in my life, as well as have a job which is better paid and more interesting than serving cups of tea to National Trust members.
  • Options
    Welcome all :)
    *never noticed newbies posted in this thread*
  • Options
    I never noticed this either. Damn, so many of you have gone without welcomes. :( *feels bad*

Ah well. A million heylos to you all and lotsa welcomes! :D Woo! *doesn't feel so bad*

*toddles off happily, her work done* :)
  • Options
    Hya, I'm Pete,born in fulham london , then happily lived and settled in Stafford at a "drying out clinic" for alcoholics where they did a marvelous job on me.I hav'nt touched any alcohol now for three years.Totally t.t. Now live in stoke-on-trent to take care of my dad whos got Altzeimers Desease.Thats it really.
  • Options
    hey im ash 18 start uni in october. pissing about till then work occasionally but not much! like drinking reading coaly backs (they r soo cool! but only wen steaming!!lol) love jackie chan shoes and money (but i never have ne sobsob!) so...nuthin much else to say. oh ive got 1 sister and 1 brother and a 10month old nephew - i have to live with ALL of them nooooo!!! oh and the parents!!!:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ::WAVES::
    Hello 2 all!
  • Options
    hey everyone
    i'm a 24 year old guy from winchester, waaaaaay down south... and i've wandered in here through sheer work-induced boredom!
    anything to stop me nodding off! ;)

anyway, see you lot on the boards
    rob
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Jenn, 20 yrs old from Cardiff although originally from Southampton.

Love music (everything - loving Fischerspooner and the Streets right now) and happy sunny days like today

xx
  • Options
    Hello all and welcome to the site :)
  • Options
    Hey Im Jo! I'm new to membership on this site. I live in east anglia, i'm 16 and soon going to start 6th form at a school near me. I've got a part time shop job and live with my mum dad and 14 yr old Bro.
    C ya!
  • Options
    Hey welcome to the boards!

Have a pleasant stay! :)
This discussion has been closed.