Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Period woe :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What can make your periods last weeks and weeks and weeks?

I know that I went on the injection in May/June and so I was expecting my first one after that to be dodgy, and it lasted four and a half weeks but it was light and it wasn't at all painful. The one I am currently on (second one since, but I'm due my third injection next Thursday and she said it would settle down :() was four weeks on Wednesday and yesterday it started getting way heavy and today it's still heavy and I'm getting cramps and (I know this is a bit tmi) I've also been getting like blood clots for about a week so I think it's gone then all of a sudden it all comes out at once :/. Part of me is thinking that this is actually my third period because it's all of a sudden got heavy but my last one wasn't nearly this bad.

Oh, blah :(. I know I need to see a doctor and I'm going on Monday to get an appointment (I was going to go today but I feel like crap now) and see if they can suggest a different contraceptive that isn't the pill. I guess I just needed to BLAH at people because I feel like poo :(. (Plus I finally managed to have sex without screaming and crying last week and I was looking forward to catching up on the last 4 months of unwanted celibacy but it looks like that's not gonna happen now cause of this :().

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've not really got any advice but I just thought I'd say I completely sympathise, I've just gone through the same thing :(