Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Trying to Concieve

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am currently trying for a baby with my partner , and we are trying really hard! I am due to take a test in around 8 days to find out if its worked this month and its so difficult nt to get my hopes up, i am so worried about doing it and feeling so dissapointed. :(:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Aaw the average is meant to be 6 months my doc said so try not to stress too much, as thats what will stop it happening.
    Much easier said than done i know, too a little longer this time than it did with James but only max 4 months so its not that bad, it just felt like it.
    Having sex every 2-3 days is meant to be the best thing.

Good luck
  • Options
    Hey holliepop, your post touched my heart and I wanted to try and give you a few words of encouragement. I know exactly how you feel as I've been there myself.

Here is what worked for me. Because of medical reasons, I was actually told I couldn't have children so I actually eventually gave up and stopped trying. Don't get me wrong, this didn't mean that I gave up sex with my partner. Quite the contrary.

What I did do though, was I started eating VERY healthy food and also started an exercise plan. As I became fitter and healthier, the sex got better and I felt more relaxed.

Then, guess what? I started feeling sick in the morning, and I put this down to a tummy bug. Then it got worse and my tummy started to swell. Well, you can guess what the real cause was. Yep, it was a bit of a miracle, but I was actually pregnant at the age of 32.

Now, I'm not suggesting that this can or will work for everyone, but it's maybe worth a shot. What do you think?

By the way, have a look at this:

http://www.goalspark.com

This actually worked for me.

I wish you all the very best.
    Good luck

Janet
  • Options
    Aww Thank you so much, thats lifted me up a bit!! I have been to docs bt they was so unhelpful saying give it another two years! Me & My partner have sex everyday to every other day .... I eat wellish, were youngish so none seams to help, did you take any suplements etc???

Thank you so much x
  • Options
    Having sex every day means the quality of sperm is probably less hence the best being every 2/3 days.
  • Options
    i heard it was every 1 or 2 days. If you leave it 3 days you might miss ovulation completely.