Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

FAO: anyone that has/does run a society

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I need lots of tips and hints as i'm just about to become the president of the rock society!

have got a very good vice president (who just happens to be a good friend), but troubles locating a treasurer...

need 10 members which shouldn't be a problem, and we have a lot planned so should be good fun! (also a lot of it could link into my coursework! double whammy!)

any advice would be of great use! danke mucho
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    FizFiz Deactivated Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Hi, it can be difficult filling position like Treasurer as people think they have to be really good at maths or a financial whiz. To make the role more appealing you could double it up with something else so Treasurer/Event coordinator. Or ask someone who you think will be able to do the role, if you ask them directly and let them know you think they?d be good at it, it will give them a confidence boost and you never know they may be more willing to help out. Good luck in your search I hope you find your treasurer soon.
  • Options
    Treasurer doesn't really do anything significant. In our society we have a loose organisation in that everyone just chips in, no fixed roles. Only ones are me as secretary I make sure people know where we are at and people know if they're supposed to be doing something, and the chair is there to shout at the student union / university when things go wrong.

Just get anyone to do treasurer role and say they just have to sign cheques and can then put it on their CV. Also nothing wrong with approaching people as Fiz said and asking if they're interested.
  • Options
    have a treasurer now and 29 members which kinda cool. Our first meeting is on sunday