Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I spit on your grave DVD

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
To anyone who has a copy.

I'm interested in picking up a copy for my DVD collection but on the sites I visit to buy it, the reviews say that the quality is crappy. Is it really bad? Is there a remastered version around?

thanks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The copy I have is bad. As an aside, I find it a really disturbing film.
  • Options
    The Millennium Edition from Elite has commentaries and a widescreen transfer - so may be the best you'll get.

It was a low budget 70s grindhouse rape/revenge flick though, so I wouldn't expect to suddenly find a sparkling blu-ray copy knocking around.

http://www.amazon.com/I-Spit-Your-Grave-Millennium/dp/B00006JDS4

Mind you, gotta agree it's not a film I'm in a rush to ever see again.

Go on, get Key Largo instead - that's some real fucking quality.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks a bunch Jim. :thumb:

I can't imagine it being fully remastered because if its as grim as people say I dunno if any company would touch it.

Theres a copy in my uni library but I dunno if thats a film I should watch in public.
  • Options
    Ummm, well, perhaps... err...

NO

Really not a film for watching in the library, at all.
  • Options
    I learnt my lesson of what not to watch when I picked up in the realm of the senses and not knowing what it was...
  • Options
    Lolz - accidental hard-core japansese art house movies... never a good mistake to make
  • Options
    I thought the recommendation by Madonna seemed odd... :o
  • Options
    I've just read the write-up on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Spit_On_Your_Grave). Nasty. :eek2:
  • Options
    Ive watched a load of shite films in my time and its one of my rules never to turn them off unless they really suck ass, this one sucked ass.

I honestly don't see the appeal of this film, did i miss something?
  • Options
    The main problem (aside from the general shitness of the film) is the sound quality. I had to have the volume turned up quite high to hear the dialogue over the background noise. I suspect this is more of a sound recording issue than any issue with the DVD transfer. Having said that, it's watchable, but it's the sort of film you'd be disappointed about spending a lot of money on, so I'd just get it out of the library or try and find it online. My DVD was £3, so I wasn't that bothered. But your uni library should let you borrow it.
  • Options
    The main problem (aside from the general shitness of the film) is the sound quality. I had to have the volume turned up quite high to hear the dialogue over the background noise. I suspect this is more of a sound recording issue than any issue with the DVD transfer. Having said that, it's watchable, but it's the sort of film you'd be disappointed about spending a lot of money on, so I'd just get it out of the library or try and find it online. My DVD was £3, so I wasn't that bothered. But your uni library should let you borrow it.

Thanks for the heads up.

I can't take the films home. You have to watch them on a TV in the library.