Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

UEFA Cup

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Here's the draw for the group stages.
GROUP A
Schalke 04 (GER)
Paris SG (FRA)
Manchester City (ENG)
Racing Santander (ESP)
FC Twente (HOL)

GROUP B
Benfica (POR)
Olympiacos (GRE)
Galatasaray (TUR)
Hertha Berlin (GER)
Metalist Kharkiv (UKR)

GROUP C
Sevilla (ESP)
Stuttgart (GER)
Sampdoria (ITA)
Partizan Belgrade (SRB)
Standard Liège (BEL)

GROUP D
Tottenham (ENG)
Spartak Moscow (RUS)
Udinese (ITA)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
NEC Nijmegen (HOL)

GROUP E
AC Milan (ITA)
Heerenveen (HOL)
Sp. Braga (POR)
Portsmouth (ENG)
Wolfsburg (GER)

GROUP F
Hamburg (GER)
Ajax (HOL)
Slavia Prague (CZE)
Aston Villa (ENG)
MSK Zilina (SVK)

GROUP G
Valencia (ESP)
Club Brugge (BEL)
Rosenborg (NOR)
FC Köbenhavn (DEN)
Saint Etienne (FRA)

GROUP H
CSKA Moscow (RUS)
Feyenoord (HOL)
Deportivo La Coruña (ESP)
Nancy (FRA)
Lech Poznan (POL)

I don't know the home and away fixture yet. People seem to know, but I don't know where to find out. I'm happy with our group though. No long trips, and the chance to knock Steve McLaren out.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Here's the draw for the group stages.

I don't know the home and away fixture yet. People seem to know, but I don't know where to find out. I'm happy with our group though. No long trips, and the chance to knock Steve McLaren out.

Ahh, for shure, I think you are not going to knock me out, we are playing ze shuper total voootbol, and I am thinking your, how you say, big money is not enough against our shuperior voobolling shkills. For Shure. :D
    Three from five qualify, right? In which case, I think Villa have a better chance than City.

From what Andy Hinchcliffe was saying on the radio, I think the games against the top two sides will be away.
    Three from five qualify, right? In which case, I think Villa have a better chance than City.
    Nah, Hamburg have flown out of the blocks this season, and Ajax are always going to be tough. Hamburg were one of the top seeds I wanted to avoid. Whereas we've got PSG who've barely stayed in the top division for the past 2 seasons, Santander who've lost their manager and best players since last season, and Twente who got hammered by Arsenal. Schalke will be tough, especially away, but we should get through. But then it is Man City. I'm pleased with our group, not that Villa shouldn't qualify too. But trips to Slovakia and Czech Republic could be tricky if they're drawn away.
    From what Andy Hinchcliffe was saying on the radio, I think the games against the top two sides will be away.
    How would that work? Everyone plays two at home and two away, so someone's got to get them at home. I've heard we're away to PSG and Twente.
    Prague and Hamburg away and Zilina and Ajax at home. The Ajax match should be entertaining.
    I somehow see Steve McClarens team getting well and truly spanked.
    I hope so.
    Okay, it took spam to bring this thread up again. Ah well, yay, we're through. Beat Schalke, which was the toughest team in our group. Feel sorry for Pompey though, now Catflap has left. I would've pissed myself if he was in charge of that though.