Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What have they done to Postman Pat?!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Apparently he's relocated to Chatham and got a promotion and a kid...

New vs. old
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oooh he looks much cooler now!
    He has a Pat-copter!

It's nice that he's been promoted. Looks like he was delivering a bouncy castle, which is a step up from delivering Busty Sluts Weekly to Alf Thompson.

I'd like them to do a transition episode, showing what happened to the other old characters. Like Ted Glen shooting Mrs Goggins in a botched armed robbery, only to be shot dead himself by PC Selby. Or the Reverend Timms having to leave the church after his affair with Alf Thompson was leaked to the world.

That'd be a great episode. Or maybe the new series starts with Pat drifting into town with a terrible secret and in the last episode you find out that he's keeping Mrs Goggins in a pit in his basement.

"It sorts the mail or else it gets the hose again!"
    omg, this so much reminds me of my childhood. We have a VHS from England (when I still lived there) with one episode of lots of different kids series. Like Postman Pat, something with firefighters, something with boots I guess (anthropomorphized boots), this blue train with the weird face (Tom was his name, no?)... oh man.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    omg, this so much reminds me of my childhood. We have a VHS from England (when I still lived there) with one episode of lots of different kids series. Like Postman Pat, something with firefighters, something with boots I guess (anthropomorphized boots), this blue train with the weird face (Tom was his name, no?)... oh man.

Fireman Sam, The Shoe People, and Thomas The Tank Engine :o
    Oh god, i thought it was bad the last time they remade it.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I like it : )

I thought it would be terrible and look nothing like him, but he still looks the same.
    i used to love postman pat and fireman sam...used to make me think of my heritage (note to self : please get off the i'm welsh and i'm proud soapbox asap)
    piccolo wrote: »
    Apparently he's relocated to Chatham and got a promotion and a kid...

New vs. old

chatham?
    RE: What Happened to Postman Pat

As an 'older' fan of Postman Pat, i enjoy the new series, although i notice at the sorting office where pat goes to do his 'special delivery service' that there are no other postmen in the area he works in. Where are they? Where is all the grafiti in Greendale and the yobs hanging about the streets? It's a bit 'Jolly Hockey-sticks' i think, although i like the new ethnic characters and it's nice to have disabilities represented too.

I must say i loved the origional series and i really like the new series too, but then again i'm just a 36 year old 'kid' anyway and i am refusing to grow up - :hyper: ;)
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    They're only doing it to sell more toys.
    Did you see him when he woke up on the wrong side of the bed?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ahh1Eufubo&feature=related
    Dr Pirate wrote: »
    They're only doing it to sell more toys.

Pretty much. No one cares about Postman Pat if he doesn't have a hundred gadgets and can hack into computers, or if he doesn't own a pet dinosaur. Kids are so fussy these days.