Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The government reshuffle just got weird...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yep, that's probably good. Select Committees aren't infallible. However from my experience I'd say they follow most of it (and if they don't have a good reason they don't).

Have you read the Science and Technology report into the drug laws, it could possibly have been more damning, but I doubt it.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »
    Have you read the Science and Technology report into the drug laws, it could possibly have been more damning, but I doubt it.

Nope, but I've read some damning reports (and in one case been moved into a post to help implement some of the changes).
  • Options
    Nope, but I've read some damning reports (and in one case been moved into a post to help implement some of the changes).

If you have time its worth a read, purely because it states the blindingly obvious, we have comprehensively lost any control over the sale and use of illegal drugs.

But I know you are right, some Select Committee reports do push the government into action.