Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

University Magazine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I need to write a 'feature' article for our university magazine, because I've said I would because it's a good thing to do for the CV and bla bla, and I think I'll quite enjoy it. However I'm completely strapped for ideas. So I thought I'd come raid your imaginations :)

Has anyone got an idea? It needs to be something that'll interest students, but doesn't necessarily have to be completely student based, it can be about current affairs or just something of interest. It also can't be something that has been done before, like the really obvious ideas like 'what it's like to be a fresher' or different social groups or something.

Does anyone else write for their university magazine? Can they share some of their past article ideas? Merci beacoup.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I need to write a 'feature' article for our university magazine, because I've said I would because it's a good thing to do for the CV and bla bla, and I think I'll quite enjoy it. However I'm completely strapped for ideas. So I thought I'd come raid your imaginations :)

Has anyone got an idea? It needs to be something that'll interest students, but doesn't necessarily have to be completely student based, it can be about current affairs or just something of interest. It also can't be something that has been done before, like the really obvious ideas like 'what it's like to be a fresher' or different social groups or something.

Does anyone else write for their university magazine? Can they share some of their past article ideas? Merci beacoup.

Someone wrote one about facebook which I found quite funny. It weighed up the pros and cons of it
    anything to do with student experiences: different meals to make, where to go on nights out, how to survive away from home or with an annoying housemate, or interview someone from a particular course or courses, anything really. Include pics if you can, and maybe enlarge some quotes. it needs to be informative and entertaining, not an essay. :P
    Nutter wrote: »
    anything to do with student experiences: different meals to make, where to go on nights out, how to survive away from home or with an annoying housemate, or interview someone from a particular course or courses, anything really. Include pics if you can, and maybe enlarge some quotes. it needs to be informative and entertaining, not an essay. :P

Those are some really good ideas and that's exactly what I mean, the only problem is most of them have been done before. I could do them again, but they'd need to have some kind of new and interesting angle...

I thought of maybe pinching ideas from national magazines such as a what's hot and what's not type thing, or an A to Z of something. Any more ideas? I do realise I'm shamelessly plagarising ideas...but ah well!
    what you think about "Google effect on our education/assignment or something like that"