Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Shud i say it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

Me and my boyfriend have discuissed what we feel about love before ad how we think 'i love u' is sed when its not actually meant! n i must admit although hes very clear he likes me alot hes always very careful around the word 'love'. But Ive been thinkin recently that i do LOVE him, for various reasons but sumtimes i do have my doubts. But i think i wanna tell him i love him, but i dunno if i shud and how i shud say it?

Loadsa Hugs :P

Comments

• Options
    Awww thats really sweet. You sound young-ish, sometimes at that age relationships are about having fun with each other (not necessarily in a sexual way :D) so dont feel that you have to tell him how you feel, or how you think you feel.

But if you are sure about how you feel + you wanna tell him, then be really careful, maybe tell him how he means so much to you, then tell him you love him. Or whenever you feel the time is right.

Good luck

Brian
  • Options
    geez.. **fanta**, u remind me of how i first felt when i was in the same position as u. only that mine was sure that he felt the same way as i did.

it is pretty hard to say that 3 words out initially, but since u said that he likes u - why not just raise the question to him whether he loves u or not? if he do, then just tell him that u feel the same way too.

if he really loves u, i'm sure he'll be glad to hear those words from u too. take a shot at it - i don't think it will do any harm.

good luck! ;)
  • Options
    Totally off topic, but i really like your sig quote MoshiMoro. Your own work, or nicked off someone else?
  • Options
    why is it off topic emmex? isn't she asking whether she should say 'i love u' to him? so, instead of thinking whether the guy loves her or not, why not just ask him?

abt my sig.. from me of course! i don't think u can find another one here.:p
  • Options
    I meant that me asking if your sig was your own or not was totally going off at tangents from the original thread, not that the initial question was irrelevant..
  • Options
    The one

Trust me, you'll know when the time is right to say 'i love you'. I met my boyfriend a number of months ago and at first nothing happened whatsoever, all i knew was that he seemed perfect from the start! I could talk to him like no other and i had this feeling things could work out well! It took me so long to dance with him coz i felt so shy!

To cut a long story short, i jus wana say that u know when the time is right. We were apart for months and just stayed friends as we lost touch at the beginning. When we finally got in touch again we couldnt stop talking! He intrigued me so much. Then we met for the first time in so long, and something inside me knew that was the time to tell him i loved him-this was the right time!

i guess what im trying to say is if u feel that u are serious then tell him so, if you love him, then tell him when u feel its right. If you truely love him then those three words wont be so hard to say- ul just say them! :D
  • Options
    It's Enya. The sig. It's Enya, if I recall correctly, from the album, a day without rain? I can't remember the song specifically...

Just maintaining that tangent there...

In terms of the post; I don't think that "love" should be bandied about as a thing which everyone knows what they are in. Many people think themselves in love, when they are only in a lust relationship. If it feels right to you, the say it. It won't harm anything.
  • Options
    Say it jus say it!
    If he don't like it then he's got issues
  • Options
    Just say it. If it feels right say it. If it doesn't then don't. I know it can be hard to say those three words. But if he feels the same it will all be worth it. Talk to him and then tell him how you feel. Good luck.