Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Dealing with this

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a few issues i would like a little help with.

In the past i've had a very bad run in with a few people i know and for no apparent reason. Not one that I can figure out. Now I have avoided them like hell for at least 3 months.

One of them calls me up today and i answer the phone with an ignorant 'what'. Then be as blunt as possible on the phone.

Right after I hang up, I get a text saying 'what the fuck is your problem with me and the rest, ur a mental piece of shit and this will al fall back on you'

I reply sayin that i'm not mental, that he is.

Then I get a phone call where he threatens to kill me. Fair play if he could, although I really don't trust any of their next moves.

I laugh it off only to get a text message saying I need to check into a mental hospital.

I reply again saying, fuck off and don't text me etc.

Then he texts me 20 minutes later telling me to do the world a favour, and that i could work the rest out.

Now I get worried if someone has so much anger inside them that they ask someone to top themselves after threatening to kill them that this person could prove dangerous in the future.

Now from my point of view they are a pack of tramps and deserve to get nothing from all this but what happened in the past has also left me uneasy and recently I've been considering talking to someone other than parents because they don't seem to give a shit and just say forget about it.

These people could be dangerous or just sad pathetic twats but I feel uneasy most of the time even when I walk down the town

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey FreeLifting :wave:

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time with these people and you're right to be concerned about what sounds like some fairly threatening and unkind behaviour.

What they're doing essentially amounts to harassment and the best thing to do, if you can, is ignore their comments. Engaging with them may only fuel their anger and give them more reason to contact you.

If it continues or escalates and you feel threatened in any way then you may want to consider talking to the police. Our article on textual harrassment also gives some good advice on next steps you can follow if you don't feel that anyone is taking you seriously.

Hopefully they will get bored if you are no longer responding and it will blow over. In the mean time, hold on to the texts and messages you have received in case you do need to show them as evidence further down the line.

Hope this helps :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    don't come across as intimidated or it'll just be seen as a weakness and used against you!

like 99% of threats they are probably just that .. threats .. and nothing will ever come of them

i wouldn't worry but if you are, then as said before keep any messages etc sent :thumb: