Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Fly agarics...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
are these things legal. they apaarently dont contain any illegal chemicals so are legal to sell. i have seen them being sold on online internet head shops and everything but i always thought they were illegal...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria) isn't illegal but I would stay well away from it! It contains ibotentic acid which is highly neurotoxic and can kill (not sure on dosage). I think a lot of people on here would recommend you not take it.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas.shtml
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've taken them several times
    There are some pretty unpleasant side effects but I overall I found them enjoyable. As with anything, tread carefull and gain experience before diving in.
    Weekender Offender 
    The trick is to convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Local hippies taught me how to use them. They used to dry roast them over fires or stick them in the oven before eating.
    They're good, but the will give you bad guts, and can make you feel very sleepy. They're quite different from liberties.
    Weekender Offender 
    ok i might just keep going for the ol liberties it rained today so i am gonna go out in the next few days see what i find! :hyper:
    Have taken the ones being sold on the internet, They had no effect whatsoever.