Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Red dwarf

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
right, i know we have a few fans about, i've seen the quotes!
so, how about fave episodes, characters, quotes?!?!?

i personally find it a bit hard to choose a fave character, just anyone who isn't Kachanski (sp?!)! possibly Kryten methinks.
i think my fave episode is backwards, very funny!
i have so many red dwarf quotes floating around my head usually!
"Rimmer: step up to red alert
Kryten: are you absoloutely sure sir, it does mean changing the bulb?!" bdoom tish!
and the whole White Hole episode is hilarious!
incase you couldn't tell, i've been re-watching the videos!!!

:D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    cat-- 'im gonna eat you little fishy!!!'
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyWizard
    cat-- 'im gonna eat you little fishy!!!'

teehee, we went around singing that for days!

*sings* it's cold outside, theres no kind of atmosphere, i'm all alone, more or less.................
  • Options
    'far, far, far'
  • Options
    "Mr Flibble says, 'game over, boys'."

flib.jpg
  • Options
    Luner city horizon, yes sir i've been around.

Agreed, Backwards is a classic episode. Especialy the pub brawl sciene - Unrumble! :D

Nodnol 851 selim, its Polish!

Fuck it, i could go one forever of about the episode.
  • Options
    Wow, so many great moments. Backwards is a classic though. Favourite character, possibly Rimmer because he's so stuck up and managed to kill a whole ship full of people. Also, you gotta love the one where he dies and they all go to the "Rimmer experiance" "He's Arnold Arnold Arnold Rimmer, more reliable than a garden strimmer, he's never been mistaken for Yule Brinner...." And Rimmer world's a good ep too....
  • Options
    Gunmen of the Apocalypse :D Quality

Best Quotes :confused:?? Cat Ordering Fish :D

Also Krytens court speech:

"A man so petty and small minded he would while away his evenings sewing name labels into his ship issue condoms.... a man of such awesome stupidity he even objects to his own defence council... a man who commanded as much respect and affection from his fellow crew members as Long John Silver's parrot. Who would permit this man, a man who could not outwit a used teabag, to be in a position where he might endanger the enite crew? Whio? Only a yoghurt. This man is not guilty of manslaughter, he is guilty of being Arnold J Rimmer. That is his crime, it is also his punishment"

:D:D
  • Options
    "Thankski verski muchski budski." :D
    I have to say if there is one episode i don't like its Gunmen of the Apocalypse, not very sure why, i think i've just seen it too many times! i don't really dislike it, just like it less than the others! it does seem to be a lot of peoples favourites as far as i know.

:)
  • Options
    The line which has probably made me laugh most out of any of the episodes is by Cat... "Quick, lets get out of here before they bring him back!"

He probably wins my vote for best character... quality timing.

Best episodes would be between gunmen, back to reality and polymorph (the first one).

Oh, an additional point, the red dwarf film is due to start filming in January.

*comes back 2 hours later to add*
    Rimmer - "at least you get some warning... all most people get is mind that bus, what bus, splat."

*and*
    the commitee for the liberation and interegation of terrifying organisms and their rehabilitation into society... :D
  • Options
    krytens sooo the funniest character, wen there tryin 2 reset him in series eight and he needs 2 say no so 2 imagine the people of the toilet he takes them hostage and makes there all sit on the toilet and when asked what hes going to do he just replys "Im going to look at you":p
  • Options
    I used to have all the episodes on video, quality stuff :D

One of my favourite episodes would have to be Back to Reality, when they meet the dispair squid, lol them all sitting on the crates imagining to be in a car chase!

And also Ace rimmer restling a crocodile in mid air. "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
  • Options
    *has all the episodes on video* :p
  • Options
    i hav most of em taped:D
  • Options
    I own them all. Kryten has to be the best.

With all his groin attatchments. I like the episode where they think Lister is a machine and kryten then out ranks him. That is very funny!!!

'yes, and you sir, i get a name.... smeeeeeee smeeeeeg heeeeeead' - gunmen of the apocolypse
  • Options
    eddie hitler......im thinking bottom:cool:
    The show that is for any people with dirty minds:p
  • Options
    You'l be thinking correctly then! ;) But i like red dwarf too!
  • Options
    yea there both kool i got "Guest House Paridiso" on DVD and "Bottom Live 4 An Arse Oddity" on video and jus keep things like bottom *pokes eddie in the eye and shoves a pencil up his nose*:D