Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

i feel better now, and i want to thank people here for helping me..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know that my threads in this forum have irritated and annoyed some people, but nevertheless the advice you have given me has helped me. Thank you.

And I also know I've annoyed a lot of people by saying I'm not normal. But the reason I say this is because I feel I am not as sociable as I could be. Since my late teens I've been a bit of a loner and i feel lonely a lot of the time. And I think the reason I have few friends is that something is wrong with me and I put people off.

I know it's wrong to mope and feel negative. And I also know that I should have a positive attitude about life. But it's something that gets me down nonetheless. And I think the reason I have few friends is that something is wrong with me and I put people off.

But I've come to realise that help comes to those who help themselves, so I've decided to join a hiking club and meet some people that way. And I posted a thread about meeting somebody from facebook..well we haven't met yet but we speak almost everyday now (on the phone sometimes as well).

Thanks again.:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ahh, there you go. Every man is the architect of his own fortune.

glad to hear that we won't have to put up with your gloomy threads anymore (just kidding ;) )
    what does that mean?
    ilipintt wrote: »
    what does that mean?

It means you posted lots of gloomy threads and he is in a joking way saying its good that you are happy.

As for the firstpart go listen to 'sisters are doin it for themselves'
    ilipintt wrote: »
    what does that mean?

the first part is a proverb that basically says everyone is responsible for his own happiness. You realized somethings not cool and you did something to change that (joining the hiking club, for example) and now you're better.

good to hear that.