Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

court date for failure to pay rent

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey

unfortunately I don't know all the details on this as it's my boyfriend's family and his mum doesn't particularly want me to know. but this is what i've gathered:

family is in a lot of debt, and behind in making rent/bills payments etc. They owe a reasonable amount, around £700 in rent to the trust who owns their house, and the trust have taken the family to court in order to evict them or something like that.

My question was, if they pay the money off before the court date, what happens with the court date? I saw something mentioned in some other threads recently but don't think it quite answers my query.

I had also suggested that another option could be to make some attempt at part payment and make arrangements to pay the rest, but apparently this has been said too many times and the trust won't listen. just wondering about possible outcomes really. The rent is getting paid off as my boyfriend is able to get the money to help them out.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Thank you :)

I don't want to get too involved or make too many nosies or suggestions, it's not my place yet as we've only been going out a short while. I just wanted to get some info for them. I think they'll manage to pay it off before the court date though, and there's a date set a week before to review it. will keep this info just in case though!