Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What do you do........

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What do you do if you have been best mates with a group of friends for a long time and then they begin to act like you dont exist? Or if you've got a brother then they begin 2 use you to get to him? What would you do?:(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ask them why they are acting funny with you, or just leave them for a while and wait for them to come running back to you, and if they ask why u arent hangin with them anymore explain why
    I take it you are speaking from personal experince?
    Re: What do you do........
    Originally posted by Sex Kitten
    What do you do if you have been best mates with a group of friends for a long time and then they begin to act like you dont exist? Or if you've got a brother then they begin 2 use you to get to him? What would you do?:(

What do you do..?

You post a question in the RELATIONSHIPS forum of course.
    You forget them and find some new friends, fickle fair weather friends are not worth having.
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    You forget them and find some new friends, fickle fair weather friends are not worth having.
    Right they were clearly just using you from the get-go. Wipe your tears and move on. Don't give them the time of day.
    Yeah

Yeah i am speaking from personal experience but i dont want to find new friends because i love them to bits and i wouldnt want to live life without them what should i do now?
    Re: Yeah
    Originally posted by Sex Kitten
    i wouldnt want to live life without them what should i do now?
    You grow up, and start realising that the real world is not always a bed of roses.

Either that, or you could actually try talking to them :eek:
    Ive tried

Ive tried talking to them and they keep telling me that i am selfish etc. I am always there for them
    What do you do

If they want to act like that, I'd act as if they did'nt exist,and (I know it sounds hard) try to find new friends.:)
    Be sensible.

Give them time to cool off, they're probably just acting like silly little children. If they persist, tell them to fuck off.

Black Knights right, this should be in relationships.
    Well Well Well Lauz. It seems that you really have hit the all time low. I seem to see that you haven't mentioned to everybody why we have all stopped talking to you. Slipped your mind did it?

To clear a few things - We stopped talking to her cause she told us she didn 't want to hang around with us and then she started saying that she was the only one with problems, The only one with a reason to cut herself. Ok then where did that come from?? My friends mum has cancer - She has a reason.
    My dad is an alcoholic who hits me - do I have a reason?
    My friends mum is in hospital and is slowly dying from being an alcoholic - does she have a reason?

Whats your reason laura??? Some boy that doesn't want you anymore.

You haven't helped any of us. What do you call help. You told Kt you couldn't comfort her when her mum was in hospital again because - You had problems. You never helped any of us. With you its always we have to put our problems to one side and help you. You not trying to help yourself out of the whole like everybody else. Your waiting for everybody else to get you out and pull you out of the whole you got yourself into all because of the guy.

Laura whenever we try to help you you throw it back in our faces. Everybody is just getting piis sick of you. There is only so much a person can take. There is so much going on in our own lives but with you we never get time to sort it out. Its slowly sending each one of us down.

If you stopped with the attention seeking (which is what it is) Then people would actually stop to help you. You can't say it isn't attention seeking because it is. Most of the time you call one of us its to say "oh yeah ive just put 3 holes in my veins" or "oh ive just cut my wrists again" The thing is though laura i don't see why the fucking hell you feel the need to do it. You have a group of friends wo pay you all the attention you need so there is no point.

Then you sit there and say "oh yeah im not coming out." Then you have a go at us for going without you. Then you stop talking to us. So what do you want us to do. You fuck us around like god knows what. What should we do apart from leave you to your own devices. We have enough to deal with as it is without having to worry about doing something that won't please you.

Sorry if you guys think it is a bit harsh. Im just telling you how the story really is. So guys now what should she do?
    I think you should say these personal things to her face and not on a message board.
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    I think you should say these personal things to her face and not on a message board.

I agree!

You all sound quite mad. Shouldn't you all be gettting help for this? You've quite clearly all got problems! I have never come across a bunch of mates who are so odd.
    Originally Posted By PussyKatty: I think you should say these personal things to her face and not on a message board.

I have already tried that but she doesn't want to listen hence why this is my last resort. I she still doesn't want to listen then i don't know what to do.

Edited to add - Bumblebee too late we are having group councelling (when laura decides that she wants to come - when its good enough for her) And yes we are odd. Hence why we are all friends.
    Thanks

Thanks ema wel lets get it straight i avent got a good reason? wel i dont suppose that because me mum is an alcoholic and has been for over 25years and now she is going to die of liver failure? my brother broke up with ema and has got together with an all around nice girl but ema just cant bear to see him happy. my brother and his girlfriend are very happy but because of stuff with ema his girlfriend doesnt want to hang around with us anymore. yeah sure i know it hurts but you cant go round messing up other peoples lives. we do have group councelling and i go every single time but if it wasnt for me and a few other people this wouldnt be sorted out and none of us would be getting any help. see the way ema tells it, it only tells her side and that has to be good enough.
    Thanks

Hey guys no need to worry ( not like you were anyway!) its all gonna be sorted out out. and granted, yes we are a very wierd group but thats why we are such good friends (most of the time!) thanks:D
    Screw With thier minds! hahahahaha They fuck with u u fuck with them and no i do not mean literally u sick ppl.
    Ok then Dark Pheonix. That was shit advice. Not the best way to sort things is it really. Talk about just finding a way to get your post count up. :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Tek-ila
    Ok then Dark Pheonix. That was shit advice. Not the best way to sort things is it really. Talk about just finding a way to get your post count up. :rolleyes:

Well, I think I've found my contender for Ironic Statement of the Year..... ;)
    Why Thankyou DJP. :) I Feel Very honoured. (i haven't got a clue what you mean by that can you explain it please?)
    Originally posted by Tek-ila
    Why Thankyou DJP. :) I Feel Very honoured. (i haven't got a clue what you mean by that can you explain it please?)

No... wait... I was wrong. That is. :)
    pull one by one aside quietly and ask them nicely why? and see what they say!
    Yeh i was soo bored i answered every post... but i'm back to challenge that hedgehog who is answerin all the posts now HEHE
    Hows anything ironic... i think i need DJP to define that for me...