Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Ahhh! Omg! I Need Some Help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
nah i don't not really
JOKES PEOPLE
seriously now
I've got an essay due in on friday and i need some help on how to write introductions, i can do the middle and the conclusion alright but its the intros that i FAIL AT:banghead:

Any tips would be great
BTW its on russia and why was it so econmically backwards in the 19th centry

ANNNDDD! i;m not asking for some to write the whole thing for me cos thats cheating and cheating is badddd:no: but then sometimes people say:yes:

ANNDD no i have not smoked anything funny tonight, well maybe
Not the best idea to be doing the essay then really
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Introductions basically do two things - show you've understood the question and outline how you will tackle it

So maybe outline the question, the key factors you will address and how these will help you reach your conclusion?
    What Jim said is what I got told to do.
    curly_boy wrote: »
    nah i don't not really
    JOKES PEOPLE
    seriously now
    I've got an essay due in on friday and i need some help on how to write introductions, i can do the middle and the conclusion alright but its the intros that i FAIL AT:banghead:

Any tips would be great
    BTW its on russia and why was it so econmically backwards in the 19th centry

ANNNDDD! i;m not asking for some to write the whole thing for me cos thats cheating and cheating is badddd:no: but then sometimes people say:yes:

ANNDD no i have not smoked anything funny tonight, well maybe
    Not the best idea to be doing the essay then really

Introduction should contain the following:

- What you're setting out to do
    - Why you're setting out to do it
    - How you're going to set about it
    - What you hope to acheive by the end

Incidentally some themes you may wish to cover regarding the title:

- The sheer size of the country and the inherent difficulties in raising revenue
    - The resistance to Peter the Great's policies of urbanization and attempts to curb the power of the landed gentry who naturally wanted to maintain their own position - i.e. one of feudal dominion
    - The overarching influence of the Church, resisting all forms of scientific progress, ergo, resisting all forms of economic expansion through scientific progress
    - Trading obstacles, i.e. only one functioning port (St. Petersburg) which is frozen over most of the year, also considering frosty relations with the Swedes
    - Serfdom
    - The Autocracy

Should get you started nicely. Hope this helps.
    Introduction should contain the following:

- What you're setting out to do
    - Why you're setting out to do it
    - How you're going to set about it
    - What you hope to acheive by the end

Incidentally some themes you may wish to cover regarding the title:

- The sheer size of the country and the inherent difficulties in raising revenue
    - The resistance to Peter the Great's policies of urbanization and attempts to curb the power of the landed gentry who naturally wanted to maintain their own position - i.e. one of feudal dominion
    - The overarching influence of the Church, resisting all forms of scientific progress, ergo, resisting all forms of economic expansion through scientific progress
    - Trading obstacles, i.e. only one functioning port (St. Petersburg) which is frozen over most of the year, also considering frosty relations with the Swedes
    - Serfdom
    - The Autocracy

Should get you started nicely. Hope this helps.

Thanks man
    I basically covered them all but i havn't learnt about the swedes thingy yet
    Pretty much got it finished now

THanks all